Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hunting Lad

Live rabbits for rabbit pen (Gundog training)

Recommended Posts

Struggling to get hold of rabbits to stock a rabbit pen. Its a long shot but if anyone can get some for me via ferreting it would be much appreciated :) 

Obviously we will pay for the rabbits and your time and also collect.

If anyone can help please pm me

Regards HL

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Hunting Lad said:

Struggling to get hold of rabbits to stock a rabbit pen. Its a long shot but if anyone can get some for me via ferreting it would be much appreciated :) 

Obviously we will pay for the rabbits and your time and also collect.

If anyone can help please pm me

Regards HL

Giving a rough location would help you. 

Share this post


Link to post

There was a guy offering £15 per rabbit in our area. They were to be bagged and hung above his greyhounds to 'liven them up'. I agree with above. More than illegal. Jok.

Share this post


Link to post

That’s baiting but using rabbits for gun dogs is not, tbey are released in a large pen an the dogs are not allowed to touch em it’s for making dogs familiar with them an stop them hunting them, I think 😂 using them as droppers is not only illegal it’s a cnuts trick IMO an ifye dog can’t catch one without it being dropped then it’s not ready, an as for greyhounds them that’s just an old wife’s tale that arse holes do, as I knew lots a greyhound trainers as a lad an none used live anything to gee up there mutts haha they bred for thousands a years to run anything that moves they don’t need geed up 😂

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s baiting but using rabbits for gun dogs is not, tbey are released in a large pen an the dogs are not allowed to touch em it’s for making dogs familiar with them an stop them hunting them, I think 😂 using them as droppers is not only illegal it’s a cnuts trick IMO an ifye dog can’t catch one without it being dropped then it’s not ready, an as for greyhounds them that’s just an old wife’s tale that arse holes do, as I knew lots a greyhound trainers as a lad an none used live anything to gee up there mutts haha they bred for thousands a years to run anything that moves they don’t need geed up 😂

Never get the had a few droppers

if dog can't hunt up or catch a rabbit,it's going to get frustrated when it can't later on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Navek

Don’t think it’s ilegal to release them in to a pen on your own property for a rabbit pen ..

Share this post


Link to post

Its not illegal to pen rabbits, it done all over the country by sundog trainers and trialling folk. As long as measure are taking to prevent them from escaping it is legal. Rabbits aren't harmed as they are just to train and steady spaniels.

I didn't put a location as we will happily collect from anywhere. They are required near Kent..

Regards HL

Share this post


Link to post

Is it legal to transport a wild animal without a licence in the U.K. ?  Then again who is to say you didn't buy them in a pet shop. I've seen training videos with rabbit pens that used half mad coloured pet rabbits. Drop a buck and a doe in and you will soon have plenty.

Share this post


Link to post

A little article from the shooting times on rabbit pens http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/features/building-and-maintaining-a-rabbit-pen-6424 they are openly used in the gundog world and are not illegal.

24 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Is it legal to transport a wild animal without a licence in the U.K. ?  Then again who is to say you didn't buy them in a pet shop. I've seen training videos with rabbit pens that used half mad coloured pet rabbits. Drop a buck and a doe in and you will soon have plenty.

 Not sure about transporting them but they have to come from somewhere... I think as long as measures are taking to prevent them from escaping its ok. Its only illegal if you plan to release back into the wild. I could be wrong though... either way who cares over a few rabbits.

 

Regards HL

Edited by Hunting Lad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...