Alpen breakfast

Just now, Mister Gain said:

There's a cereal worse than that mate... Special K, you lose weight just looking at it, you have a large bowl and you are still hungry, in fact you stay hungry until you see sense and rustle up some proper grub.

Glad to see you relapsed towards some salmon and eggs :thumbs:

It makes you wonder if the sad looking folk you see on your way to work are those that have eaten special k and Alpen for breaki ? 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after stuffing meself aplenty after getting out with the dogs over crimbo , decided to give the Alpen a try after hearing a few off here are Avin it instead of  a cooked  brekki so after taking t

I was going to have alpen but I had a hot ciabatta with some of Lincolnshires finest crispy streaky bacon topped with a chunk of long Clawson Stilton washed down with a snout of Port and some bob marl

saying that cant fault that salmon and egg either 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I worked in a museli factory once ,I would never eat the shite for sure.

I was thinking it looked like a load of dust that had been swept into a bowl 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

One things for sure, none of us are getting out alive and most wont make 85 plus.......if you are eating nice fresh grub then sample everything the world has to offer......

Conclusion being: life’s just too f***ing short for Alpen and cereal !!! 

A man after my own stomach wilf ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

To be fair the cereals were in 20kg sacks so that wouldn't happened it was more the green grubs in the jumbo raisins from chile that were off putting ?

Mind I heard rumours of the ryvita factory in Poole where the stuff got shovelled up ?

5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

To be fair the cereals were in 20kg sacks so that wouldn't happened it was more the green grubs in the jumbo raisins from chile that were off putting ?

Mind I heard rumours of the ryvita factory in Poole where the stuff got shovelled up ?

That's terrible dean 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

You ever been to Sandwhich in Kent mate?........there’s a tidy little resteruant by the river by the toll bridge called “The fisherman’s Wharf”.

They do a dish simply called a seafood platter, it’s swordfish, smoked cod, tuna, king prawns, haddock on a bed of arborio rice in a lovely rich white wine and garlick cream sauce all served steaming hot......well worth the visit just to eat it.

Its for 2 people but I ordered it for myself, they said “but it’s for 2 sir?”.......”don’t worry about that, just fetch me it”

The staff stood and watched me eat it because they didn’t think it could be done and we was all having a laugh about it because I said “right oh, where’s the desert menu?” When I had finished.

Another place worth a visit (if it’s still there?!) is Quaglinos between Piccadilly and Pall Mall........they do a big 4 tier iced seafood platter that’s well worth further investigation ;) 

Edited by WILF
3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Mackem it's not too late if you need help you might need counselling to wean you off the Alpen , in the meantime il pray you'll see the light in god we trust ?

You aint going to believe this,i was actually going to skip breakfast,but your pic made me feel hungry,now I am trying to decide between the original alpen or the healthier no sugar alpen,hmmnnn,decisions,decisions :unsure:

5 minutes ago, mackem said:

You aint going to believe this,i was actually going to skip breakfast,but your pic made me feel hungry,now I am trying to decide between the original alpen or the healthier no sugar alpen,hmmnnn,decisions,decisions :unsure:

Your going down a bad road Mack , just reading that Alpen has a 76 % addiction rate in first time users I think your gonna need rehab mate don't start thieving to fund your Alpen habit   thl food lovers will say a prayer for you god bless you Mack hope you survive your ordeal but I think you too far gone 

?

Edited by green lurchers
1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

Your going down a bad road Mack , just reading that Allen has a 76 % addiction rate in first time users I think your gonna need rehab mate don't start thieving to fund your Allen addiction  thl food lovers will say a prayer for you god bless you Mack hope you survive your ordeal

?

I have just been looking at flights to Canada for February,i will be pancake and maple-syruping it again before I know it :laugh:

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Well after stuffing meself aplenty after getting out with the dogs over crimbo , decided to give the Alpen a try after hearing a few off here are Avin it instead of  a cooked  brekki so after taking the dogs out in two lots  come back starving like mr Marvin . Not to sure how you cook Alpen so put hot milk on it and et it at first I got this euphoric high like I was on my way to a healthy body and mind , that soon wore off and I started thinking about horses with a nose bag full of oats  then it was all gone  , I soon started to question what it is that I want out of life and it ain't alpen , might give it another go next yr lol IMG_6968.thumb.JPG.215ec6a2bd6717c6eb20ad25d7d746e6.JPG

Fuuckin Alpen? :blink:

Processed, manufactured Shiite with far to much sugar! Wouldn't eat it if I was one of those kids off the telly adverts for Ethiopia in the 80s. I'll stick with the fry up I've forced my eldest to make me ??

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Fuuckin Alpen? :blink:

Processed, manufactured Shiite with far to much sugar! Wouldn't eat it if I was one of those kids off the telly adverts for Ethiopia in the 80s. I'll stick with the fry up I've forced my eldest to make me ??

Think of Mackem in his hour of need he's thinking of injecting his stomach with the no sugar version of Alpen ??? I think were loosing him ???

Edited by green lurchers
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

No sugar it is :thumbs: my trousers started feeling a little tight over Christmas,its a danger sign,everyone starts putting on middle aged spread :cray:have to fight to keep it off :yes:

Don't do it Mack if you can't think of yourself think of your poor stomach ? What are you doing to it ? I'm sorry if you were closer I'd fry u up a breaku and fetch it to ya