Wheaton x greyhound, on foxes pre ban

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Schmiddy said:

I am from Ireland and I was thinking of crossing my full coursing  greyhound bitch to a full Wheaton dog, and breed half x Wheaton greyhounds. I was just wondering what they would be like on a fox and how big they would come and with much speed, thanks

Pre ban ? In Ireland ? What Coursing lines is your bitch ?

9 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Half crosses are plenty fast enough for fox.

Are right .ti be honest my question was a genuine question I wasn’t trying to be smart,ive only seen two genuine half cross Wheaton greys and both were small heavy dogs ...I’m no doubting they couldn’t catch fox 

10 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

Would alot of them come like that or is that rare if they come around 28 '

and can be quite   dog aggressive  , so would deff have to keep a eye on them, prob more than bullxs, my  last 3 bullxs were ok with dogs  , but heard  this x  more sharper with dogs .!

2 hours ago, bird said:

and can be quite   dog aggressive  , so would deff have to keep a eye on them, prob more than bullxs, my  last 3 bullxs were ok with dogs  , but heard  this x  more sharper with dogs .!

I have plenty experience of Wheaton and bull xes and the mix of the two ,Ray's right they can get possessive both with other dogs and humans and can be naughty .seen a half Wheaton bitch that had to be fed by sliding her snapp to her she could be very naughty ,has fa the dog aggression nothing destroys other dogs than the bull xes I seen really no nonsence type laid back but deadly when upset. Wheaton xes like mostly others need to be generation bred ta get the best from them increases leg length and the ability ta kill Charlie preban  more efficiently on the run ,one gets animals that are far more versatile and have the ability ta catch much faster game in any county in uk and month of the year. Myself prefer a mix of the two the Wheaton gives a hell of a constitution much needed in deep winter when slogging it out three nights a week ,plus thick hide and the coat that hides and keeps em warm ,lots of the bull xes lack in this department plus seen lots this time a year when grafted three nights a week look like walking skeletons poor constitution ,thinking of the wheaton xes I Sen they are the perfect receipe da the bull xes .breed them up and Retain the strength ,straight half xes either Wheaton or bull on the first generation are limited.atb bunnys

• Like 2
2 hours ago, billhardy said:

I have plenty experience of Wheaton and bull xes and the mix of the two ,Ray's right they can get possessive both with other dogs and humans and can be naughty .seen a half Wheaton bitch that had to be fed by sliding her snapp to her she could be very naughty ,has fa the dog aggression nothing destroys other dogs than the bull xes I seen really no nonsence type laid back but deadly when upset. Wheaton xes like mostly others need to be generation bred ta get the best from them increases leg length and the ability ta kill Charlie preban  more efficiently on the run ,one gets animals that are far more versatile and have the ability ta catch much faster game in any county in uk and month of the year. Myself prefer a mix of the two the Wheaton gives a hell of a constitution much needed in deep winter when slogging it out three nights a week ,plus thick hide and the coat that hides and keeps em warm ,lots of the bull xes lack in this department plus seen lots this time a year when grafted three nights a week look like walking skeletons poor constitution ,thinking of the wheaton xes I Sen they are the perfect receipe da the bull xes .breed them up and Retain the strength ,straight half xes either Wheaton or bull on the first generation are limited.atb bunnys

If I couldnt feed my own dog it’s food without worrying if it was going have me it’d be in the ground where it belongs..

18 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

I am from Ireland and I was thinking of crossing my full coursing  greyhound bitch to a full Wheaton dog, and breed half x Wheaton greyhounds. I was just wondering what they would be like on a fox and how big they would come and with much speed, thanks

Why pre ban if your in Ireland?