Brexit Thread Redux

20 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Can you hear that?

It's the sound of no one phoning their MP's and demanding representation...

I used to contact mine and ask him all the awkward questions pretty often mate.......gave up in the end, the replies were almost more frustrating that the situations I was asking him about.....left me wanting to strangle the c**t!

Disengage is the way forward, much better for the nerves ! Lol ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I used to contact mine and ask him all the awkward questions pretty often mate.......gave up in the end, the replies were almost more frustrating that the situations I was asking him about.....left me wanting to strangle the c**t!

Got to agree with you Wilf, used to contact my MP regularly but as you say, the replies were predictable and never responded directly to the actual questions I put to him. Don't bother any more. Local council are just as useless IMO.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

I was the same, mate, but we're just a drop in the bucket. It reached the point where I just said "F*ck it!" and took all of my money out. It's really none of my business now.

• Like 1

I genuinely beleive you have no choice but to take them clean out of the equation lads......and the more that bypass them, the more effective it will become.

Even now, large groups of people ain’t bothering with the government, they are organising their own peaceful protests and getting good number.

I think that’s the way forward, you can’t turn a cobra into a pet anymore than you can make your government give a shit about you......make them irrelevant is the way to go.

As I said, the more that do it the better it will be.

the 3rd time in 100 yrs Germany have made a terrible mess of Europe,  when it does goes tits up they should be told to stop trying to take over or next time Russia is getting the east back and usa the west,  I mean Germany was only united in the late 80s and already they have took over france again but this time without a shot fired and most of Europe too.  whats worse is the media blaming right wing type voters and parties isn't that what the Nazis done too? the Nazis were left wing party how the media got it so wrong.  the eastern block will be our allies again when it kicks off if you could compare maps of present and during ww2 the same countries standing up to Germany now are the ones who defeated them in the past 2 world wars its like ground hog day happening again and Germany is the root cause but whats worse this time is the Islamic invasion happening too and this time theyre on side with Germany instead of fighting against them

37 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The EU has set out its demand for the temporary transition period after the UK leaves in 2019.

The EU wants the UK to continue to follow it's rules but not be involved in making decisions!

From my understanding it takes years  (normally) for the EU to make new rules and regs so it may not be that much of a big deal but I still feel its a week position to put ourselves in....what the media generally fail to report is just how influential and Important the UK is to the EU we are the crowning jewel make no mistake there's a lot of worried people behind the EU doors its not as one sided as the media like to paint it but one big problem is I think we are not being told "the plan" which makes you think have they actually got a plan? .surely they have ....haven't they :blink: its not great for public confidence that the government despretly need at this time more than ever ......in other news may is of to China this week to talk trade so we will see how much she feks that up :laugh:

Buzzfeed have got hold of a leaked copy of the government's Brexit impact studies...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/albertonardelli/the-governments-own-brexit-analysis-says-the-uk-will-be

I think this quote sums it up -

Asked why the prime minister was not making the analysis public, a DExEU source told BuzzFeed News: "Because it's embarrassing."

Edited by BGD
6 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Ouch if that's an accurate account. :hmm:

Don't get carried away its Buzz feed you need to now read a express article to balance it ....going of previous studies and statements and forcasts we should have already fell of the edge of the earth when infact its been the opposite. ...pinch of salt needed I think 

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Don't get carried away its Buzz feed you need to now read a express article to balance it ....going of previous studies and statements and forcasts we should have already fell of the edge of the earth when infact its been the opposite. ...pinch of salt needed I think 

You reckon Buzzfeed made up the analysis out of whole cloth? :hmm: I doubt that personally.

There is no "balancing" it, either the analysis really does come from leaked government documents or it doesn't.

Edited by BGD