That effin' 12 again

There's nowt wrong with it - I just like calling it an Effin 12 instead of FN12 :laugh:

I've been playing around with zero distances and power levels lately - at the moment it's zeroed at 27yrds, just about right for a bit of woods whacking and, it's putting out JSB Exacts at 576fps :thumbs:

The shots below were done before work this morning - 27yrds indoors - 5 rested and 10 standing.

The zero could do with a tweek up and left but, I'm happy with how it's performing :yes:

IMG_20171126_090638.jpg

IMG_20171126_090738.jpg

IMG_20171126_090546.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Your standing shots could do with some work

but your rested shots are spot on nothing wrong with them Jon.;)

NOW ABOUT THIS DS:whistling:

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers Jimmy :thumbs:

I haven't had chance to get out at all lately mate - work have had me working like the proverbial African import for a while.

32 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

It looks like it's loving the exacts jon, that's a hell of a group pal???

Does it feel well balanced for free standing shots with the skeleton stock?

Cheers Matt :thumbs:

I've tried a few pellets through this - it definitely favours the Exacts.

The whole set up is very light but, it's also really short so, if I'm honest, it's very bullpup like to shoulder.

For standing shots, it's easier to hang around on target for longer :yes:

• Like 1

I've got the FN19 Skeleton (best part of 20 years old now), very underrated, but they do feel a bit flimsy compared to many (especially that German make).  Got a bit of indexing issue these days, can't seem to resolve it myself, anyone know someone good to help?

Of yes, I took that clear plastic Falcon sticker off mine the day I bought it, yours seems to have survived well, is it engraved?!

:thumbs:

FalconZeroGroup1.thumb.jpg.feaa68b464168e18c003d8ae7cffe69f.jpg

Crumbs, 10 years ago, mine is also FAC!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Deker, I've had the same indexing problem with mine. Took it to the local gun shop who used to stock them when they first came out. They said they used to fettle them as soon as they came from the factory before they went on the shelf. 

You have to undo the allen key bolts on the serrated indexer and adjust from there. 

That's about as much as i know !

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:17, philpot said:

Can you still get mags for them from anywhere or do any other mags fit the FN19.

Phil

A VERY clever man I know very kindly made these for me.  The Black is the original plastic and the others are Brass/Copper/Aluminium combinations.

Mag_Back1_crop_50pc.jpg.aad2b78d84b334067dd0bb1a7b666036.jpg

• Like 2
On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:59, Ratmanwan3 said:

Deker, I've had the same indexing problem with mine. Took it to the local gun shop who used to stock them when they first came out. They said they used to fettle them as soon as they came from the factory before they went on the shelf. 

You have to undo the allen key bolts on the serrated indexer and adjust from there. 

That's about as much as i know !

Yes, cheers, done all that time and time again, just can't seem to get it quite right!

On 26 November 2017 at 10:56, Jonjon79 said:

There's nowt wrong with it - I just like calling it an Effin 12 instead of FN12 :laugh:

I've been playing around with zero distances and power levels lately - at the moment it's zeroed at 27yrds, just about right for a bit of woods whacking and, it's putting out JSB Exacts at 576fps :thumbs:

The shots below were done before work this morning - 27yrds indoors - 5 rested and 10 standing.

The zero could do with a tweek up and left but, I'm happy with how it's performing :yes:

IMG_20171126_090638.jpg

IMG_20171126_090738.jpg

IMG_20171126_090546.jpg

I used to own one gutted I got rid of it,

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Deker said:

A VERY clever man I know very kindly made these for me.  The Black is the original plastic and the others are Brass/Copper/Aluminium combinations.

Mag_Back1_crop_50pc.jpg.aad2b78d84b334067dd0bb1a7b666036.jpg

He's done a really nice job on those Deker :good:

........ They look very similar to the mag on my Prairie.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough to help you with the indexing issue but, I hope you get it sorted.

Also, I've just noticed that you asked me a question ages ago (sorry) - the logo on my FN12 is a sticker. It seems to have held well but, it's showing it's age very slightly on the edges now.

IMG_20180221_080245.jpg

12 hours ago, Bushhound said:

I used to own one gutted I got rid of it,

My collection seems to have magically grown again over the last few months so, I was looking at what to off load.

I thought this would be one of them so, I took it out to run a shot string (to make sure that it was all good before I advertised it), then I realised that I really don't want to sell it.

They may be old tech' now but, they work so well and, they're nice to use.

I see them on Freeads sometimes, if you're after another :thumbs: