Four Britons Kidnapped In Nigeria

I can guarantee you they won't be chomping at the bit mate ... rescuing scared and often injured civilians from drug and drunk crazed guerrillas in a hostile situation with minimal planning and even less intel is up there with the most dangerous of jobs with maximum risk of failure and death ... anybody that gets put on standby for this will be calling them hostages all the wankers under the sun ... that said once the gear is on and the op has started then obviously they will do their best to get the hostages themselves and their mates out of there alive .... but ops like this very rarely go off without casualties ........

• Like 4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wont condemn it but i do think these people are very irresponsible they seem to think its ok for them to go into war ravaged/dangerous areas. Then others have to run risks in rescue attempts. or cri

Over your head that mate   Cheers, D.

We've already got them out this is old news ......

I agree these people went to do a job with all the right intentions despite the risks involved. The problem I have is when the shit hits the fan, they then put other people's lives at risk to come and get them out.

To me it's like people who go to sea in a little boat or climb a mountain in bad weather conditions. Yes, they are risking their own lives, and the lives of so many others too.

I can guarantee you they won't be chomping at the bit mate ... rescuing scared and often injured civilians from drug and drunk crazed guerrillas in a hostile situation with minimal planning and even less intel is up there with the most dangerous of jobs with maximum risk of failure and death ... anybody that gets put on standby for this will be calling them hostages all the wankers under the sun ... that said once the gear is on and the op has started then obviously they will do their best to get the hostages themselves and their mates out of there alive .... but ops like this very rarely go off without casualties ........

Fair enough. You know better than me mate. :thumbs:

Are you surprised that there is so little mention of it in the media?

Fair enough. You know better than me mate. :thumbs:

Are you surprised that there is so little mention of it in the media?

Not at all mate if the government are planning a rescue mission there will be a media blackout so as not to give the captors a heads up .......

• Like 1

The lads have had extensive training in Africa over the last few years though, but I wouldn't know if that's an all army thing or just his brigade.??

Its got much less to do with the country your in and more to do with the force your fighting ... an ill disciplined drunk drugged up guerrila force is very unpredictable and very dangerous......

The lads have had extensive training in Africa over the last few years though, but I wouldn't know if that's an all army thing or just his brigade.??

Its got much less donwith the country your in wild and more to do with the force your fighting ... an ill disciplined drunk drugged you guerrila force is very unpredictable and very dangerous......
Fair one mate, I get that.

I genuinely would have no idea as I have no military experience at all other than pissing about with my pal and falling off the climbing wall at his camp when I had reached the heady heights of 4' 2" ! Lol

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

Big difference between being rescued off a mountain and going into a war zone or an unstable region when there is warnings there a good chance of being abducted kilked or used as pawns.

Want to do good things well there plenty unfortunate souls here the homeless to name one.

No need to go put yourself and others in harms way to do a good deed.

reminds me of the drunken missionary from the movie zulu. Went to help them and got a spear in the chest lol

I dont agree with that Scott people climb mountains for their own pleasure and to quote socks why should somebody have to risk their lives to help someone doing their hobby

Not saying mountain rescue dont get killed on the odd occasion and tbh they actually like the training as is written on there web site on ben nevis.

However mountain rescue dont normally get fired at by RPGs or small arms in a rescue attempt.

Also correct me if wrong but i dont think socks did say that.

Not saying mountain rescue dont get killed on the odd occasion and tbh they actually like the training as is written on there web site on ben nevis.

However mountain rescue dont normally get fired at by RPGs or small arms in a rescue attempt.

Also correct me if wrong but i dont think socks did say that.

I must of read it wrong.

End of the day u go and climb a mountain it should be upto you to get yourself down just my opinion.

The massive difference is the mountain rescue teams the RLNIst johns ambulence etc are all volunteers and if things get real iffy they can walk away anytime ... lads that are sent into a shit hole to rescue people have no say in the matter .....

• Like 1