Red Cow Carvery Marshman ?

If i remember right they do a roast dinner in a carton out of a stall in Greenwich indoor market...proper nice!...(but my favourite stall was the one that just done breadpudding)

:thumbs: the holy desert the bread pudding with custard?

no mate just on its own...nothing like the old girl used to make when we was kids...its like a cake...its all the stall sold...lovely old job!

Green lurchers, Greenwhich market can't be beaten for grub stalls imho......you just cant help but make a pig of yourself.

There's also a little Spanish place on the east side of the market out on the high street that is also very tidy, it's my boys favourite place and the lads in there are tidy.

And a pint in the Cutty Sark or the yacht afterwards.

I like The Yacht better, I just think it's a nicer spot.

I always take the kids back to Greenwhich when we are all over and I always pop in there with them for a lemonade after we have made pigs if ourselves down the market.

Used to love a walk round there with my old man. He was a stevedore for years and used to take us all round the docks after they closed down. Often used to go for a drink round Greenwich with him and my brothers. All a bit touristy and Camden lipke now but still pleasant.

• Like 1

I remember them taking us on a school walk along the river from Blackwall tunnel up towards Greenwhich.......a kid fell in and had to have his stomach pumped when they got him out! Lol

And I can still see as if it were yesterday the old "lifeguard" bird at the swimming baths in school lessons with a giant bamboo pole and a fag hanging out her mouth.......she used the pole to spear you away from the sides of the pool so you couldn't get out! Lol

Halcyon days ! Lol

That's it wilf we had our harpoon lessons at ladywell pool with the school but dad taught us all at Laurie Grove baths well before we started school. Proper old fashioned victoriana bathhouse lovely architecture but freezing cold and full of roaches. Still had a room at the back with rows and rows of actual bath tubs. Think it's flats now....

Edited by beast
  • Like 1