Lurcher Pup Unknown Mixture

Hi guys,

I was hoping that someone in here might be able to identify the mixture/offer an opinion of this wee girl (not the whippet of course!) I got a few months ago from a pound down in the republic. She is a little over 6 months old now, 15kg and about 21" tts. I am thinking part saluki at least, but my curiousity is still unsatisfied!

Thanks for reading :D

post-106690-0-97078600-1502806219_thumb.jpg

post-106690-0-77162500-1502806224_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I was hoping that someone in here might be able to identify the mixture/offer an opinion of this wee girl (not the whippet of course!) I got a few months ago from a pound down in the republic. She is a little over 6 months old now, 15kg and about 21" tts. I am thinking part saluki at least, but my curiousity is still unsatisfied!

Thanks for reading :D

nice pics mate, and nice to see them mates , yeh go along drop of saluki, and maybe bit of collie

I wouldn't worry to much what's in her buddy she looks like a nice healthy pup just enjoy I'm sure you will have some fun together but I would say saluki in there

I agree with this. She's a tall lurcher at the end of the day and will hopefully be involved in many hunting trips with you in the future.

If you want a scientific answer then a DNA test is the way forward

Brindle, not merle. And the reason people say she is Saluki and Greyhound is because that is the way 99% of these dogs are bred. Greyhound for speed, Saluki for stamina, bred for hares. That's not to say there's nothing else in her but personally I don't see any Collie at all. There could be any number of different breeds in her, but she is definitely predominantly Saluki and Greyhound. Very similar to some of the dogs I've had over the years.