Night Out Shooting Cubs...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the camera of course... Boring time of year so been passing my nights watching a local litter. 7 cubs, the vixen and the dog all in the area most nights. Hopefully keeps the area well stocked f

This years batch, about a mile or so from last years litter. Same vixen maybe? Who knows. (Apologies for quality, photo'd them off my camera screen)  

:

Posted Images

2 litters being reared side by side is not that uncommon and I'd say that's the case with the OPs first post.

That's why I asked were the double figured litters all in the ground together.

But when lads tell you about big numbers actually in the vixen then what more proof do you need ?

It's an eye opener for me.

• Like 1

Taking into consideration that opening up a vixen isn't done that often, (I'm just thinking out loud here) is it not possible that big litters could be the norm and maybe the vixen kills the excess or weak depending on food supply. Let's face it dogs often have big litters but the bitch is fed ample and so has no need to kill excess but she will still remove weak pups.

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...

Av seen  a couple of litters in the field's at the back of my house (different size foxes) an I no the holes are on one of the keepers pheasant  drives, so they won' be there for long once the birds are put down

• Like 1

I came across a very large fresh cockerall outside an earth on top of the mountain the vixen and cubs were in the earth.

It was at least 2 miles from the village. which house lost a cockerall I don't know.he could of carried it further than 2 miles. 

But it's some journey for the dog to carry it all that way.

• Like 1