You Live And Learn.

Well, a rare day off with no work, so decided to take the 100kt for a walk. So I brushed the dust off my gun slip, cough! To reveal one of the worlds best PCP rifles, and? It was as flat as a Sudanese cattle herders wifes tits. :(

post-24513-0-49001900-1499759463_thumb.jpg

Ah well, at least I have a cylinder to blow it up and not a pump, shooting is the name of the game, not keep fit. So bayonet shoved in the filler hole, air on, BANG, bayonet out again. With my ears ringing I replace the bayonet, gun now on the floor in the dining room. Checked the pressure gauge, and I had replaced about 30ft pounds. Well, if I keep going at this rate, and don't lose a finger or an eye, I'll be out by dinner time. :laugh: Time to get creative. So with the gun on the carpet, and my foot on the bayonet to hold it in, I gave it another go, BANG! the b*****d did it again, 2009lb to the square in does kick up some dust, the dogs have retreated to the safety of the garden. :laugh: Looked at the gauge, half full, now we're getting somewhere. Foot on the bayonet again, and it filled up. :toast: Right, give it a hour to see if the air stays in, and give the barrel a clean. 8 pull throughs later :icon_eek: and we're done. Right, need to find some were flat to re-lead and zero up. Just then the phone went, the garden centre have a plague of rabbits and pigeons, which just happens to have the flattest paddock I know of, so the destination was set. On arrival I set out the target boards at 30, 20, and10 meters. first 5 shots missed the 30 board, not the guns fault, no breeze and my glasses were steaming up due to all the yompping about. Anyway, the groups soon became 5p sized, game on. :D There's a woodland next to the garden centre, so due to the hot sun, I made the woodland my first port of call. It's a tricky little place to shoot due to the trees getting in the way. :laugh:

post-24513-0-10172400-1499760031_thumb.jpg

Anyway, I sat in the woodland, patiently for 2 hours, and not one bunny raised and ear, bugger. I thought I knew this place pretty well, as last year we ferreted the place, so I thought I knew where all the warrens were, wrong. As I was sat in the woodland, all the rabbits were out sunning their buns and knocking each other up. The little b*****ds had dug another warren on the edge of the paddock, this only became apparent when I finally got bored waiting in the woodland and had a walk round. :laugh: So I was amazed to see 7 rabbits on sat out, which did one as soon as they saw me, bugger. It was a lovely evening, and I wanted my own back. :angry: I picked a nice little spot in some long grass, and waited. About 10 minutes passed and pop, out came the first rabbit, WHACK! and rabbit number 4 the deck. I just caught sight of another rabbit duck as I shot the first, it was scanning the area looking for me, I could only see it's arse stuck out behind a tree, but I knew curiosity would get the better of it, and it did. So 5 for the day, 3 destined for the ferrets, and two in the thick brambles, some were. End of day shot is the second session, ferrets had the other rabbit. You live and learn. :laugh:

post-24513-0-87343700-1499761737_thumb.jpg

Keep at em you lead slingers. :thumbs:

• Like 7

Percy-verance paid off and you still have all your fingers ,well done :thumbs: .Many a lesser mortal with have said sod it and opened a cold 1 after the first blow out. <me :D >Sensible dogs you have too still you got the bunnys in the end and it looks a good place to shoot atb

• Like 1

That's an ace right up stealthy :)

laughed like fcuk at parts!! Lol

Bet you sh1t yourself with the filling... I forget to bleed the pipe every now and again!! Ha

Atb Si

The high pitch sqeal from the air escaping was deafening, and have you ever tried to grab the filler tube when it's wagging like a docked tail. :laugh:

• Like 2

Cracking write up mate :thumbs:

...... I enjoyed reading that.

Have you found the dogs yet? :laugh:

I once fired my HW100 in the living room without a silencer - Now the dogs leg it every time I get that one out :laugh:

Dogs are over it now, until next year. :laugh:

• Like 1

That's an ace right up stealthy :)

laughed like fcuk at parts!! Lol

Bet you sh1t yourself with the filling... I forget to bleed the pipe every now and again!! Ha

Atb Si

The high pitch sqeal from the air escaping was deafening, and have you ever tried to grab the filler tube when it's wagging like a docked tail. :laugh:

haha... not yet!

just the sh!t ya pants crack :laugh:

bet it looked like scene from an old comedy