Rspca Needs Replacing

Countryside Alliance Chief Executive Tim Bonner writes:

Whilst the RSPCA remains in the grip of obsessives and extremists it is unlikely to take advice from anyone, however wise and well meaning. It seems especially averse to input from the rural community despite the fact that it could have avoided acres of bad press if it had listened to people in the countryside, rather than lecturing from what it perceives as the moral high-ground. Our advice is very simple: stop doing stupid things. The Society, however, seems institutionally incapable of taking this on board and even as it sacked its latest Chief Executive, presumably for the ultimate sin of talking sense, it also launched into a new and controversial campaign.

At the RSPCA AGM at the end of last month Chairman Daphne Harris announced a new strategy with a headline target to “get statutory powers for our inspectors to help them rescue animals”. However you dress this up it can mean only one thing. The RSPCA wants statutory powers of entry on to private property and intends to use its huge £140 million annual budget in pursuit of those powers. Not happy with being moral arbiter, investigator and prosecutor of criminal offences the RSPCA now wants the power to enter your land, access your garden and break down your front door if it believes an offence is being committed.

This, let us not forget, is an organisation so dysfunctional that it took two years to find its last Chief Executive and got rid of him after 12 months, an organisation which sheds senior executives with alarming regularity and which the Archbishop of Canterbury refused to become a patron of. Even the Charity Commission has stepped in to demand changes to RSPCA governance including the enforcement of a code of practice to improve the “the conduct, tone and tenor” at RSPCA Council meetings.

Its record of investigations and prosecution is no better. From killing family pets, to prosecuting the old and vulnerable, to politically motivated attacks on hunts and farmers controversy has surrounded the RSPCA’s self-appointed role as a prosecutor. Fundamental questions about the separation between the Society’s conflicting roles also remain unanswered.

To even suggest that the state should entrust an organisation this flawed with far reaching and fundamental powers over its citizens shows how deluded the RSPCA is, but do not expect any dawn of reality. Instead the RSPCA’s council will undoubtedly pursue its political aim with zeal, and with money donated to improve the welfare of animals.

Tim Bonner

Chief Executive

Follow Tim @CA_TimB

• Like 4

It's been said many times on here, remove the royal assent, disband all the senior people within the organisation, all people subject to one of there deluded prosecutions, that fail, should sue for wrongful arrest, and bill them at least for every hour they have to spend dealing with it, we have a justice system, there's no need for another, if they can't follow that, then they need to suffer the consequences of that, financial and legal, they are not immune to prosecution, the organisation has a bigoted attitude, one that I believe, exists in the BBC, both lack impartiality, something that in my opinion removes any credibility they claim to have, the government should order a full investigation into its accounts,

• Like 4

They should be made to change their uniforms and any reference to animal police ,so they can't bully the old dears and others into thinking they have to do what they say.

They should be limited to rescuing injured wildlife and pets and taking in unwanted animals and rehoming them. Police should be dealing with any illegal stuff and livestock.

The rspca have gone from assisting police in animal response calls to ,having the police back them Up as they have no legal powers.when they try to enter your property.

• Like 1

They would be the organisation that would interpret what is animal cruelty. We all are aware of their lacs and anti affiliations so it is not a wild imagination to see them declaring hunting dogs, racing dogs, racing horses , racing pigeons as being cruel activities. Its time to act now and oppose every action they want to take and petition to have the RSPCA Disbanded and hand their charitable statatus and royal charter to some group or organisation like the PDSA who do appear to have animal welfare as their core value. A few tweaks to certain aspects of their manifesto and they would fit the bill, unlike the fraudulant RSPCA political tool and forum for the LACS and Antis

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 6

The rspca are c**ts!! Although they have zero legal power when they turn up with the police they seem to run the show. I'm talking from experience the police do as instructed by the rspca they took my dog while I was not there and my wife told them they were not taking him until I got back they also took him before any warrant was shown. After a lot of research on them this seems to be the m o of the rspca they often take animals illegally and get away with it every time. 10 minutes of searching and you'll dig up alot of dirt like how they took a hunt to court at the cost of roughly 400,000 pound and lost. When they took me and others to court on a 3 year case clive reckons close to 900,000 on my case which they lost as they tried to charge with animal fighting instead of hunting which they lost and also took it to high court on a appeal which they lost and last I heard they were going to government to attempt to get the laws changed.

I've got a very lightly built saluki cross and get a lot of comments about her weight from do gooders. I'm expecting some bell end or other is going to bring them to my door looking for a neglect case. Is there anything I can do to prepare for them turning up? She's with me more or less 24/7, so the chances of them taking her without a warrant are slim.

Before anyone asks, yes she is wormed and I've tried upping her food. She didn't put any noticeable weight on and was bouncing off the walls - it would be cruel to feed her that much unless being worked hard. It's difficult to avoid the general public when exercising her, especially during the summer when I'm trying to stop her running in the heat and off the hard ground.

Yes dont worry about them,! some Salukis and Saluki saturated crosses are naturally skinny and any body who has an inkling about the breed knows and accepts this ,no matter how much you feed them they reach a certain weight and structure and all excess is passed as stool ,they will not put on fat some do but not many. If your really concerned take some good photos go to a good V et with them and the dog get them to check the dog over weigh it and give it a clean bill of health get them to write the date and that the dog is perfectly healthy, put that on the back of the photo along with the date and their stamp let the c**ts at the RSPCA fight with the Vet it will cost you about £40 or do as I would and tell them to f**k off and learn about dogs or better still over weight budgies.

I've got a very lightly built saluki cross and get a lot of comments about her weight from do gooders. I'm expecting some bell end or other is going to bring them to my door looking for a neglect case. Is there anything I can do to prepare for them turning up? She's with me more or less 24/7, so the chances of them taking her without a warrant are slim.

Before anyone asks, yes she is wormed and I've tried upping her food. She didn't put any noticeable weight on and was bouncing off the walls - it would be cruel to feed her that much unless being worked hard. It's difficult to avoid the general public when exercising her, especially during the summer when I'm trying to stop her running in the heat and off the hard ground.

my crossbred is exactly the same and she's also with me most of the time, tell them to fu#k off

The rspca have absolutely no chance of gaining any powers whatsoever, further more I believe that when the queen abdicates prince William and harry say they won't approve the royal warrant.

Incidentally labour under corbyn would grant them the power to enter and remove your dogs without the police being present.

It's worrying that they're openly trying to gain power,no doubt they've always wanted it.

I had a visit from them a while ago,so I went to a different vet than my usual and told them I needed a letter from a her saying my dogs are in good enough shape to take part in lure coursing,because I'd just joined a club that done it.

I showed the charity workers that note and they disappeared,with the excuse I'd clearly put weight on my dogs in the 12 or so hours between them and the vet seeing the them.

Maybe not very nice dragging an unsuspecting vet into the argument,but it worked well for me.

Another came back a couple of years later and I just politely advised that one that he should leave my property immediately,which also done the trick,so maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Yes dont worry about them,! some Salukis and Saluki saturated crosses are naturally skinny and any body who has an inkling about the breed knows and accepts this ,no matter how much you feed them they reach a certain weight and structure and all excess is passed as stool ,they will not put on fat some do but not many. If your really concerned take some good photos go to a good V et with them and the dog get them to check the dog over weigh it and give it a clean bill of health get them to write the date and that the dog is perfectly healthy, put that on the back of the photo along with the date and their stamp let the c**ts at the RSPCA fight with the Vet it will cost you about £40 or do as I would and tell them to f**k off and learn about dogs or better still over weight budgies.

I wouldn't do that to a vet I liked,they won't want any part of that argument.

• Like 1

I wouldn't do that to a vet I liked,they won't want any part of that argument.

On the Vets part it would purely be a health inspection and a certificate if the RSPCA wanted to disput the Vets professional opinion that is their choice. vets duty is examining a dogs general health and weight . My Vet knows my dogs and what they do and how they are kept he wouldnt hesitate to provide any certificate if your Vet would I would suggest changing the Vet. Rspca go for the underhand dodgy stuff most working dog owners care for their animals and should be willing to stand by them.