The Way It Used To Be,- Where I Started All These Years Shooting.

I`ve found an old film of my village and some local lads we knew.

My village/ town of Leigh and Lowton has completely changed today.

All the mines have gone and the old way of life has gone - sadly in a way.

Anyways, take a look, we had no mobile phones, play stations etc - we spent all our youth in the countryside.

I`ve no idea how to make a link but if you simply go to YouTube and type in,-

Ferreting Plank Lane.

This is our youth, hunting, ferreting, trapping, air rifles and dogs.

atb Mark

• Like 2

Vaguely new of them but I lived on the Lowton side of the Pennington Flash ( huge lake) and still do.

No permissions off anybody, we just went out into the rolling countryside camping, guns, dogs, fishing and living off the land.

Truth known, we had a wonderful youth compared to todays kids and we were far, far fitter than todays kids.

When I look at the standard of living, in these same areas today, it has vastly improved.

Proper KES days and the teacher in Kes was from Bedford High - Leigh :thumbs:

atb

• Like 1

This takes me back Mark, in fact I recently found some old photo's of my shooting exploits going back around 47 years ago which may give you a laugh.

A day rook shooting in Derbyshire with my old work mate, Rick Bestwick and a morning flight on the edge of the marshes at Tetney, North Lincs. My parents had a caravan at Humberstone Fitties which you can just make out some of the buildings in the background.

DSCF3431_zpsbfzksuwb.jpg

DSCF3430_zpsku20m7zh.jpg

Look at the hair style, oh to be that young again.

Phil

• Like 2

I was lucky at the age of 9 we moved from Birmingham down to Dorset ,my god what a difference . In the summer out all day until dark . in the woods , fields , rivers ,streams and go down to sandbanks beach

Schools were totally different , in Birmingham even in those days kids had knives pulled on them unlike in the little country school in Dorset .

I can understand why people say " soft southern S***s "

I have said it before, but I think I am from the last generation to enjoy that kind of freedom, out all day and night sometimes, camping, fishing, ferreting, air rifles, we used to roam miles and miles, and apart from being shouted at by the odd farmer (who most I suspect had a sneaking regard for us) nobody bothered us, happy carefree days, I do feel sorry for young lads now, with their computer games and so on, brilliant times I will never forget.

• Like 2

I believe it's the 4th most expensive in the world

THATS WHY YOU DRIVE A BENTLEY

BUT MY BRO IS CATCHING YOU UP LOL

HE HAS A MERC AMG AND HIS NEW WEEK END TOY

I TOOK HIM FOR IT YESTERDAY MORNING

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-99531400-1497778351.jpg

post-63400-0-28528300-1497778362.jpg

• Like 2