Last Minute Decision.

I was supposed to be looking after my grandson tonight but things got changed so I decided to have a quick walk around a perm just for the walk more than anything.

I popped the NiteSite onto the Impact and headed off to a field that has a large tree in the middle with owls nesting in the box that was sited there a few years ago. Nothing doing so I just sat about 20yds from the tree which gave me a good view all around. The owls were getting ready for their evening foray as I could hear them in the box, the first one came out and dropped very close the ground, first bite, a mouse or vole and only yards from the box so he/she was back in the box pretty quickly.

I went back to scanning the field again, a pair of eyes looking straight back, the .25 made a loud thud as the pellet struck home on a plump rabbit. Time for a puff on the vape, so much easier than rolling a fag, not done that for three years now, I'm drifting............age.

Time to scan again, another pair of eyes, rifle sat on the sticks ready, this time the rabbit flipped into the thickest brambles on the fcuking farm, look for that one later.

Within minutes there was a sound from my left, scaned the area and to my surprise, a deer, no more than 18-20yds as bright and sharp as it could be on my screen and totally unaware of my presence happily taking the odd mouthful of grass. At that moment, I really wished I had bought the new NiteSite Viper R-Tec at the show last weekend as it has direct recording capability, oh well to late now.

A really enjoyable hour and a half, only picked up one rabbit, just couldn't find the one in the brambles so supper for the fox. I dropped off the rabbit at a friends house on the way home.

20170510_222044_zpsbultnqjj.jpg

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 5

Nice going Phil

I must admit there's nowt better than just simply sat down with your back resting on something and watching the wild life doing there thing

And no bother at all if rabbits want to keep you company from. 40 yards

As far as vapping goes , tut , tut , out in the field , you naughty boy , lol

ATB mate

That's a proper night pal.

A lot of people never witness animals in their natural environments let alone get the chance to sit watching them hunt??

Nights like that, it doesn't really matter if you bag anything at all?

• Like 3

Yes it is Bry, .25, 46fpe at full power, reducing to 25fpe at the power dial but it can be tweeked a hell of a lot by using the other adjustment controls and whilst I have not done it, I believe it will go from around 10 - 70fpe

Phil

• Like 1

Yes it is Bry, .25, 46fpe at full power, reducing to 25fpe at the power dial but it can be tweeked a hell of a lot by using the other adjustment controls and whilst I have not done it, I believe it will go from around 10 - 70fpe

Phil

Good to have such adjustment in one rifle mate. Did you have any problems with it as I read they've had some problems. Lovely set up. I'd love one but can't afford that sort of coin on an air rifle.

Probably a different case all together in the FAC guise.

If you have a .22 slot on your ticket could you do a barrel swap or would it have to be a different gun all together.

Phil

Good to have such adjustment in one rifle mate. Did you have any problems with it as I read they've had some problems. Lovely set up. I'd love one but can't afford that sort of coin on an air rifle.

Probably a different case all together in the FAC guise.

If you have a .22 slot on your ticket could you do a barrel swap or would it have to be a different gun all together.

So far Bry, no problems but to be honest most of the issues were sub 12 guns. When you think that most of the production is fac so perhaps the changes needed for the UK cause some areas that gave the problems.

Long term, I will buy the .22 kit as I have already got the slot for a .22 spare barrel and have a Rapid .22 fac so no rush.

I just don't think to post Rez and I doubt I would have this time if it wasn't for the owls and deer. I hate phone photos and by far prefer to use a good camera which of course I never take shooting.

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1