What's Your Favourite Xs Of Lurcher

Alright lads/lasses what's your favourite x or crosses you use for the work you do An the land you run your dogs on ? Mines collie x and bedlington xs but for me I like the racey bred animals

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the last five decades,...I have owned most hybrids,...and walked out with many different types belonging to my fellow hunters,... Truth is, I have loved them all,...some better than others obvio

Yes, I really like them.... Wish I had access to such a phenomenal tool,.. back in the late 1970s/80s....

I dont realy have a fave but the collie bull grays and saluki bull grey or a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull seems to stand out for me   My collie bull gtey has become quite a handy dog on fur and feather

Posted Images

I've run a lot of types stick to dogs with bull in I've got a 3/8 5/8 pup at the moment a whippet cross and a saluki grey Alsatian grey a lot of the land I run your dogs need to be up and at them the quarry can shift and there's a lot of small type fields

• Like 2

Over the last five decades,...I have owned most hybrids,...and walked out with many different types belonging to my fellow hunters,...

Truth is, I have loved them all,...some better than others obviously, but,.. in the main,...I just enjoy seeing dogs doing,.. what they are meant to do...

Personally,...I prefer, a Greyhound or Whippet based running dog type,..crossed with a Herding dog...(dare I say it),...The ubiquitous Greyhound x Collie.. :icon_eek:

I was introduced to such a beast as a child,...and inevitably, I always returned to the fold,.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 11

I dont realy have a fave but the collie bull grays and saluki bull grey or a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull seems to stand out for me

My collie bull gtey has become quite a handy dog on fur and feather

post-98112-0-99117800-1494094711_thumb.jpg

Edited by green dragon
  • Like 3

well only going on the lurchers ive had , and that 30 odd years , i would say Buck my 1x alsatian x grey , not because better than other dog , because he ain't lol, he great at mooching in the day ,and the same at night, he gives 100% he will try hard for you, ive not done alot of late with him, with my fookin on going bad back, but he will always gives is best . A x i like, would be a 2nd gen 1x bred pit x grey x pit x saluki x grey , i reckon that take all stuff big/small, if i was young/fit bloke starting out , thats what go for :thumbs:

• Like 1

well only going on the lurchers ive had , and that 30 odd years , i would say Buck my 1x alsatian x grey , not because better than other dog , because he ain't lol, he great at mooching in the day ,and the same at night, he gives 100% he will try hard for you, ive not done alot of late with him, with my fookin on going bad back, but he will always gives is best . A x i like, would be a 2nd gen 1x bred pit x grey x pit x saluki x grey , i reckon that take all stuff big/small, if i was young/fit bloke starting out , thats what go for :thumbs:

if I could give a well bred sal x bull greyhound the amount of game they need to be classed as a good dog I'd have one in a shot but sadly this cross would be waisted on me

Penda I like the sound of that a bit of Alsatian in the mix

its my 1st of this type I know if you get a good one they can knock some gear over she's showed promise see how she's plays out
  • Like 1