Rucksack Box

i like the catches on your boxes there no going to be a problem even on a cold day with numb fingers mine just have a hasp bent over and a carabiner to secure it

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1mm stainless scratch plates, fitted to inside obviously.  

No bother mate, i was making a couple of new boxes for myself (double and single) as i gifted mine to a good mate. I did the 3 as i went along. The box should work well in the ruck sack, it is very li

I like the weight of these (or lack of weight) the big box will take 3 Gills a side or 2 big hobs, Middle one 3 Gills or a hob and small one 2 Gills or a hob. I normally take the small box 2 Gills, a

Rucksack box aint for me but them normal boxes look top notch, if i never had more boxes than ferrets id be after one a them haha

Not just me then got about 6 boxes and 3 ferrets :laugh:

• Like 4

you should check out vins rucksack box,,,its normal shape,,rectangle...but has a door at the front,,,it goes in the botom compartement of a rucksack,,,so you can still get ferrets out,,whist rabbits are on top..

Put a pic on please pal, i would think this one was a one off though. ATB

here the thread mate

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/238785-ferret-boxes-made-to-measurenew-type-plasticany-shapedesign/

• Like 1

you can make a home made one easy by using an old pastic paint tub,, 10 litre think,,,cut a hole in the top and use tie wraps to anchor down a bit of weld mesh,,,young rew on here had one like this,,,its even on one of his films...

• 2 weeks later...

Troyboy. If you go that route then you need what they call aircraft ply. It's very pliable. However, for the last 2 years I've been using fibreglass sheet which is both stronger and more pliant. I have never made a rucksack box so don't know if you could adapt. Can't see any reason why not though. Jok.

Roofing sheets are what I use. Have a look on the net. Also, thinking about it a little, pop rivets would perhaps be the way to go. I might have a play with one myself. Jok.

• Like 1