Need A Partner For My Lurcher

As in the title I'm after a bushing dog to partner my lurcher. Got into hunting not to long ago now and after going out this season lamping and a few daytime mooches with a mate I now need to get my own bushing dog but need something that not going to go to ground and a bit vocal would be good. Going to need it in about a months time once all new kennels built. I would rather something that maybe been doing a bit but if that route fails I'll go down the line of getting a pup and bringing it on. Anyone with any info send me a pm. I'm not a messer and the dog would get plenty of work with a good home fed well

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best thing I ever did was get myself a busher mate. I waited and was lucky enough to get a spaniel x terrier off here. The lurcher now gets to see a lot more stuff when we are out and it's good compa

good luck with your search, will be nice company for your lurcher, get yourself a pup, bring it on to your liking, and reap the rewards

I have done mate but replys a bit scarce not as busy as this section it seems. There's plenty of working pups on other sites just if I can get one off here and parents are working or one that maybe al

Posted Images

I have done mate but replys a bit scarce not as busy as this section it seems. There's plenty of working pups on other sites just if I can get one off here and parents are working or one that maybe already done a bit. Just keeping my options open really seeing wats about, thanks for the reply though ?

• Like 1

If you can pick an older pup up just starting your laughing if you don't want something to go to ground swerve a terrier lot to be said for a good spaniel they'll work under your feet ideal for cover work

Do people think springer or cocker. I like the cocker as it seem to be that bit smaller for tighter spots but maybe a springer better as I'm hoping he takes a dislike to the old charlie

Best thing I ever did was get myself a busher mate. I waited and was lucky enough to get a spaniel x terrier off here. The lurcher now gets to see a lot more stuff when we are out and it's good company for him when I'm at work. You won't regret it. Get a pup if you can mate. They aren't like lurcher pups as in you don't need to hold them back. My one was in the cover from 6 months and hasn't stopped since. Hope you find something soon. ATB

post-52908-0-86392800-1492848702_thumb.png

post-52908-0-82196600-1492848747_thumb.png

• Like 3

Best thing I ever did was get myself a busher mate. I waited and was lucky enough to get a spaniel x terrier off here. The lurcher now gets to see a lot more stuff when we are out and it's good company for him when I'm at work. You won't regret it. Get a pup if you can mate. They aren't like lurcher pups as in you don't need to hold them back. My one was in the cover from 6 months and hasn't stopped since. Hope you find something soon. ATB

IMG_3205.PNG

IMG_3146.PNG

I do like the spaniel terrier x it's just I need something that doesn't go to ground. They seem to be a little vocal which alerts the lurcher and I like that. Do you think if you have a pup you can teach it not too I just imagine if it's on scent and it wants to go it will go down