Call Outs

I hope you didn't mind me asking Neil! Interesting to know how others handle a lambing call. I know we all hate the call out but unfortunately it has to be done! When you do get the culprit got to be honest it is a real sense of achievement. ATB with your next mission!

I'd love to get the few call outs I have now done properly because they're folk who look after me and keep their stock right.

It can be a struggle to get up at 5.30 but when you're out these mornings it's well worth it. To see the other wildlife and take in that early morning air is a reward in it's self.

Hunting aside it's my favourite time of the year.

With you all the way there mate!

Not a sniff of fox all morning. Walked a lot, done a bit of calling when the breeze was right and not as much as a fresh scat.

I did see a few rabbits with what I believe to be RHD in an area that used to have 100s but now has nearly none.

It's no wonder the fox is hungry. That RHD turns my stomach.

The only whiff of fox I got all morning was near my own fowl pens and that aint good either.

Nothing worse than being the victim yourself.

Not be one to pull a fella up on a technicality Neil :boogy: but its VHD, viral haemoraging disease

You're right I know but it's also called RHD, RVHD and now we have VHD2 or RHD2 which sadly has been proven to have passed onto a Hare.

Have the Chinese ever given us anything useful ?

If FD was the schoolie swat you must have been head boy or prefect lol. The Chinese gave us 47 its sauce is beautiful and remember to have an extra portion of bean sprouts!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chinese man was right. Nothing worse than eating stink pussy

It is a sense of achievement because when the culprit is gone there's a good chance you don't get the call for a while. Truth be told there's no fun in it at all...overweight terriers, unfit terriers.

Had a call out last Sunday and used my 10 month old bitch pup to great success . Received a call yesterday from the keeper saying he has 5 separate farms for me to work he was impressed

Posted Images

Hopefully.

Have another farmer to visit in the morning who's loosing lambs and I've walked the land a bit recently.

There's no sign at all on most of his land and there's a couple of deep occupied Badger setts so I reckon his Fox problem is coming from 40 or 50 acres of real rough land. It's just furze growing from between rock so it'll be interesting to see what it holds.

There's an old abandoned portacabin in it that a few years ago hounds put one under and when I stuck a terrier in a brace and a half bolted.

So there's a potential solution, LOL.

Could be old brock doing the killing ,wouldnt be the first .

You were right.

A few early mornings with not a sniff or a scat. Tracks in the dew on the grass were not from foxes.

Plus, all the rabbits around with RHD :tongue2: but no signs of their remains but signs of lambs beside the setts. No fox sign around the setts either.

Farmer has moved them nearer the yard away from the setts with no problem.

But now has a grey crow problem so that's a trap up there in the next few days.

A few early mornings with not a sniff or a scat. Tracks in the dew on the grass were not from foxes.

Plus, all the rabbits around with RHD :tongue2: but no signs of their remains but signs of lambs beside the setts. No fox sign around the setts either.

Farmer has moved them nearer the yard away from the setts with no problem.

But now has a grey crow problem so that's a trap up there in the next few days.

do the farmers in the south have any rights to shoot problem badgers?