It's Not What I Wanted But ............

........ I suppose it'll do :yes::good:

I popped down to my favourite RFD yesterday - I had every intention of buying a .177 S200, then badgering Marky71 for a custom stock :thumbs:

But, all they had was .22s and, 6ftlb .177 version :rolleyes:

What they did have was a full length HW100 in a very nice walnut sporter stock but, it was a .22 - Bugger!

I had another look round and, I found a .177 in a thumbhole stock :hmm:

After a chat with my ol' mate Paul, I walked out with a full length .177 HW100 in a very nice stock, an MTC opisan EVX 5-20x50i scope and some other bits and pieces - with a very healthy discount thrown in :good:

I know, I know ....... I called these rifles boring and flogged my last one but, recently I've started to miss it.

I've had a few rifles from a few manufacturers and, in my opinion, for sheer performance and accuracy, these just can't be beaten.

post-102688-0-60506900-1491662269_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

........ I suppose it'll do   I popped down to my favourite RFD yesterday - I had every intention of buying a .177 S200, then badgering Marky71 for a custom stock   But, all they had was .22s an

Im saving for her now Jon and im putting it on hear so all will know   WHEN YOU DO SELL HER AND YOU WILL   IV GOT FIRST DIBS ON HER   WHAT A CRACKING LOOKING RIFLE   THAT TIGER STRIPE DOSE I

That is a stunner pal!!! Beautiful stock, really stunning. Don't forget Mark's tip with a light oil spray on the back of the mag for tac driver accuracy. I'm going to have to get another one soon!!

Posted Images

I took it down to Black Cat today for some informal pellet testing.

The first thing I discovered was that I'd forgotten how unforgiving MTC scopes are if your head position is slightly off. Also, the eye relief is a lot longer than my Hawke Airmax. I may have to rethink this scope choice - it was a bit of a ball ache today.

Anyway, I tried JSB Heavy, H&N FTT, Baracuda Hunter Extreme, AA Express and Polymag shorts.

I gave it some 10 shot groups at 30yrds then, I tried 14 shot groups of the JSB Heavies and AA Express at 45yrds.

I suspect the groups include an element of me trying to get to used to this scope :rolleyes:

The targets are 3" Shoot-N-Sees.

post-102688-0-27530200-1491663168_thumb.jpg

Don't forget to clean the barrel to get rid of grease .

AA express and JSB heavies are looking good

Nice looking stock .I can't for the life of me when people say they are boring , you got it shoot at targets or vermin, which it does and dose it very, very well ,probably the best PCP if not the best PCP made . It's in the same league as a £100,000 hooker , both are the best at what they do

Good shooting Jon, I must say that reticle looks very fine.

Does it not get lost at last light on prey?

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Today is the first time I've tried it but, the reticle did get lost against the background on the target a few times.

• Like 1

Don't forget to clean the barrel to get rid of grease .

AA express and JSB heavies are looking good

Nice looking stock .I can't for the life of me when people say they are boring , you got it shoot at targets or vermin, which it does and dose it very, very well ,probably the best PCP if not the best PCP made . It's in the same league as a £100,000 hooker , both are the best at what they do

How the other half live eh :rolleyes:

........ Tell me more about those £100k hookers mate :hmm::laugh::thumbs:

I haven't cleaned the barrel but, the rifle was second hand so, hopefully, there shouldn't be any grease in there but, I will give a go :thumbs:

• Like 1

Enjoy it every time you use it Jonjon. it is just the beginning with the groups, and they are Good with any ones money. To my mind it is like diving a brand spanking new car from the dealers for the first time mate.

All the very best

I know what you're saying Renos :thumbs:

...... I like this bit of owning a new rifle.

Atb mate