Roostin'... Again.

Rez

I was a bit of a mardy arse today. So went up fields at around 5 to get some fresh air. Plenty about. Dead windy. I find the best roost shooting is when its windy mind. The birds seem to keep on the move some what more than normal. Good session all in all. Took me new shooting stick, but didn't use it. It'll come in handy at some point no doubt. Stayed until it got way to dark, but the cloudy sky kept the silhouettes of the birds about visible in the canopy. Mission and a half threading pellets in-between trees...

Didn't think Id get more than two, then three, then it got dark. So I packed up, gave the land owners Mrs one, took my 5 birds, and left :D

post-94709-0-95380200-1490303272_thumb.jpg

post-94709-0-27250500-1490303296_thumb.jpg

post-94709-0-22310500-1490303309_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Bloody lovely shooting Rez my man.

That's a proper shoot pal.

As for what to do, keep it simple.

Heavy based pan and pan fry them in some salty butter and serve em with wild mushrooms, unpickled roast beetroot and roast baby leeks. Food of champions mate???

• Like 3

Heavy based pan and pan fry them in some salty butter and serve em with wild mushrooms, unpickled roast beetroot and roast baby leeks. Food of champions mate

Sounds mint that.

• Like 1

Heavy based pan and pan fry them in some salty butter and serve em with wild mushrooms, unpickled roast beetroot and roast baby leeks. Food of champions mate

Sounds mint that.

I've just had 2 big baked potatoes for dinner and, I'm stuffed but, that feckers got my mouth watering again :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Well done Rez.

You did make me laugh with, gave the land owners Mrs one. I need some Domestos to clean out my dirty mind. I would marinate the breasts {Lemon and Olive Oil, or Red Wine} then cock quickly on charcoal or some kind of hard wood.

All the best

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Well done Rez.

You did make me laugh with, gave the land owners Mrs one. I need some Domestos to clean out my dirty mind out. I would marinate the breasts {Lemon and Olive Oil, or Red Wine} then cock quickly on charcoal or some kind of hard wood.

All the best

You need that domestic sooner rather than later pal......cock it quickly.....hard wood!!!???

Well done Rez.

You did make me laugh with, gave the land owners Mrs one. I need some Domestos to clean out my dirty mind out. I would marinate the breasts {Lemon and Olive Oil, or Red Wine} then cock quickly on charcoal or some kind of hard wood.

All the best

You need that domestic sooner rather than later pal......cock it quickly.....hard wood!!!

Clad someone got it.

all the best