Gsd Grey Saluki

thats pendas shepherd

thanks for putting the pic up for me mate
That's a cracker of a shepherd Penda, big strong bitch :thumbs:

I'm really liking all these shepherd crosses on here lately, never understood why it wasn't a more popular cross.

. Most likely because mostly they don't look how. Most see a Lurcher but that can be a positive these days.atb bunnys.

Aye I think that's one of the many good points of the shepherd crosses, especially these days :yes:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this old lad heres got alsation in him aswell.   alsation/collie X whippet grey. he threw to the collie temprement wise, and unfortanatly got most of the bad things you can get from a collie but i

il put some better ones up lads

Posted Images

this old lad heres got alsation in him aswell.

alsation/collie X whippet grey. he threw to the collie temprement wise, and unfortanatly got most of the bad things you can get from a collie but i would never have gone hungry if i was to rely on him feeding the family. 12 and a half years old now

IMG_3179_zpsrkqgehhg.jpg

IMG_3178_zpsmqa88ian.jpg

then theres this young lad whos half malinios. 12 months old now.

IMG_3218_zpsafqadzup.jpg

• Like 5

alsation/collie X whippet grey. he threw to the collie temprement wise, and unfortanatly got most of the bad things you can get from a collie but i would never have gone hungry if i was to rely on him feeding the family. 12 and a half years old now

IMG_3179_zpsrkqgehhg.jpg

IMG_3178_zpsmqa88ian.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsafqadzup.jpg

Looking in fine fettle for his age, barely a grey hair on his muzzle!

That litter of mal x's have all shaped up into fine animals, be good to hear how they get on next season :thumbs:

• Like 1

IMG_3179_zpsrkqgehhg.jpg

IMG_3178_zpsmqa88ian.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsafqadzup.jpg

That litter of mal x's have all shaped up into fine animals, be good to hear how they get on next season :thumbs:

i am looking forward to seeing how they shape up next season my pups had a great finish to his season couldnt ask for much more.

the old dog seems to have less grey on him than buster and hes 6

IMG_3216_zpslk2bl25z.jpg

IMG_3179_zpsrkqgehhg.jpg

IMG_3178_zpsmqa88ian.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsafqadzup.jpg

not "ALL".... :D

IMG_3179_zpsrkqgehhg.jpg

IMG_3178_zpsmqa88ian.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsafqadzup.jpg

not "ALL".... :D

Which one's the ugly duckling then? :laugh:

IMG_3179_zpsrkqgehhg.jpg

IMG_3178_zpsmqa88ian.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsafqadzup.jpg

i am looking forward to seeing how they shape up next season my pups had a great finish to his season couldnt ask for much more.

the old dog seems to have less grey on him than buster and hes 6

IMG_3216_zpslk2bl25z.jpg

I've got a 7 year old black bitch here and she's got a load more grey than him, he must have had a nice relaxed life :laugh:

We had a German Shepherd when I was a bairn, he was from working lines I believe. He was an impressive specimen but was like the lion off the Wizard of Oz, my Dad got an Akita not long after which was a dog killer and a natural hunter. I reckon they would be a better cross than a German Shepherd.

Edited by DogMan85

We had a German Shepherd when I was a bairn, he was from working lines I believe. He was an impressive specimen but was like the lion off the Wizard of Oz, my Dad got an Akita not long after which was a dog killer and a natural hunter. I reckon they would be a better cross than a German Shepherd.

yeh prob right :thumbs: be more aggressive , than a gsd , and suppose a bel mal as well be more sharp than a gsd . But having had a real nasty lurcher , years ago a kelpie x collie x grey bitch , was hell. it would attack any dog big or small, and it would bite any person other than me. It went for my wife and son and that was the end of it , it was only about 22in 50 odd lb , but feck me was she strong for her size, if she bitten you you she make a mess of you. And i know with Buck my 1x gsd x grey , i am very lucky regards his temp , he soft with people and good with other dogs, but i know one thing deff if he was the same with people + dogs like he is with his quarry , he be a nightmare to keep , because he lot bigger and twice as strong as that bitch i had, and that was bad enough :yes: . My wife dont forget that lurcher bitch i had, and she says many time thank your lucky stars Buck soft .

• Like 2

yeh prob right :thumbs: be more aggressive , than a gsd , and suppose a bel mal as well be more sharp than a gsd . But having had a real nasty lurcher , years ago a kelpie x collie x grey bitch , was hell. it would attack any dog big or small, and it would bite any person other than me. It went for my wife and son and that was the end of it , it was only about 22in 50 odd lb , but feck me was she strong for her size, if she bitten you you she make a mess of you. And i know with Buck my 1x gsd x grey , i am very lucky regards his temp , he soft with people and good with other dogs, but i know one thing deff if he was the same with people + dogs like he is with his quarry , he be a nightmare to keep , because he lot bigger and twice as strong as that bitch i had, and that was bad enough :yes: . My wife dont forget that lurcher bitch i had, and she says many time thank your lucky stars Buck soft .
Not for that reason pal although you're right, my family has had Akitas for over 20 years and every one has been a keen and able hunter, they are very alert and intelligent at it. I can remember having a mooch with my old man's Akita and my 3/4 Collie cross. We came to a ditch and the Akita was telling us there was something there, we had a look and low and behold there was a Hare tucked in nicely. I stood at the other side whilst my Dad was going to let the Akita in to put it up, we let him in but instead of seeing the bolt we heard the cry of the Hare, the dog had caught it. He did plenty of things like that with rabbits, rats, pheasants etc over the years, his party trick was with squirrels. I've never seen a dog so clued up with the rodents, watching him pounce through the woods in pursuit of them was a right laugh. Edited by DogMan85

Swings and roundabout come ta mind Akitas are an old breed and work his there in all breeds just needs switching on ,dog killers I have owned 2one a bull xes the other a Lurcher mixed bred .thers usually a story behind this more often from young animals been frightened etc.can these animals be ever fully trusted no .to many scenarios where a human youngster could easily become injured or killed temperament his the key to all canines the best temps are needed for both work or otherwise.time bombs are best culled simple fact the best working type animal I seen and know have that soft type temp around given family livestock .switch it on when working prey or quarry. All this giving it the large type animals usually in this yard get culled no ifs buts thinking about just done forgotten almost at once atb bunnys.

Swings and roundabout come ta mind Akitas are an old breed and work his there in all breeds just needs switching on ,dog killers I have owned 2one a bull xes the other a Lurcher mixed bred .thers usually a story behind this more often from young animals been frightened etc.can these animals be ever fully trusted no .to many scenarios where a human youngster could easily become injured or killed temperament his the key to all canines the best temps are needed for both work or otherwise.time bombs are best culled simple fact the best working type animal I seen and know have that soft type temp around given family livestock .switch it on when working prey or quarry. All this giving it the large type animals usually in this yard get culled no ifs buts thinking about just done forgotten almost at once atb bunnys.

Dog aggressive doesn't mean human aggressive.

Dog aggressive doesn't mean human aggressive.

. That ain't the point dog aggressive his veryusuallybrought on by the fact the welp had a bad situation has a welp how many humans get caught up in a dog aggressive situation lots.it can be dangerous situation for youngsters prevention his the ways foreward understanding canine hang ups ,ain't seen by some.theres only one ways foreward and that's culling theses dangerous types dog killers etc.when the the going gets. Tough they usually the first ta bail out seen itonnumerious occasions that Akita would been culled a the turn of its lip no second chances because this will be where the animal starts ta take the highest perch and becomes pack leader.atb bunnys.