Sgt Blackman To Be Released ???

I don't really know how to feel about it.

I would always support our troops. I'm not sad that the rag head is dead...But...Iv spoken to 3 men who think he was in the wrong and deserved what he got. One is ex military police who served in difficult situations in NI. The other is a family member who was high ranking and served a long and distinguished career (his father fought in North Africa with the desert rats). The third is my brother who served in the army, foreign legion, navy and finally​the marines. All three of them know what it's like to be under serious pressure....All three think to laugh, shout 'who wants to see a war crime' and execute someone is wrong

nobody cares what you think your mates are probally as arrogant as you
Everyone's entitled to an opinion mate, whether you agree with it or not
very true still think he's a arrogant person probally thinks the same about me just voicing my opinion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There appears to be a lot of recrimination going on here, a lot from folk who have never experienced a conflict situation. its ok having Geneva Conventions. Human Rights Acts and Rules of Engagement,

He has had his sentence reduced to mansalughter with diminished responsibility ... I would have thought he will be released soon now .......

So true

Posted Images

So the next time a copper arrests a smack head he can kick his head in max?

That's okay though cause 3000 miles away Isis cut thieves hands off?

That's okay? That's how the world or at least the finest armed forces in the world who are stretched to the absolute limit should be behaving?

Not setting the bar for professionalism for every other country to follow?

• Like 1

Well may be they should have taken him back to camp bastion , put him in a metal cage, poured petrol all over him

And then set him a light

Seem I rember something like that happening to a captured airman not So long ago !

Stiff , you remind me of that lawer that got sacked not so long back for persecuting and fabricating evidence against troops

Not that it's the case hear, the video shows that

But have you no compassion at all

There appears to be a lot of recrimination going on here, a lot from folk who have never experienced a conflict situation. its ok having Geneva Conventions. Human Rights Acts and Rules of Engagement, these are for Politicians, Lawyers and hand wringers to argue about from positions of safety and security. Out in the field in conflict zones some times a uniformed man has to be judge , jury and executioner. . To even imagine all parties in armed condflict observe rules and regulations is nieve to say the least and plain stupid in reality. Through out the military services certain units are trained and expected to react in certain ways to various situations, some say the rules are to be observed ,well rule number one on special ops is mission completion second is safety of your comrades and yourself any one saying different have not experienced the situations. Sgt Black man made the mistake of laughing and joking about what he had done which in itself shows a certain amount of mental instability. .He made a decision which saved an enemy combatant from a long lingering painful death the comments after were his down fall he was hung out to dry by his own Government. Time to send him home to his family.The Politicians should walk a mile in a soldiers boots and if they dont like some actions then think very hard about invasions and wars.before they ask men to put their lives on the line.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 8

I'm massively compassionate , I feel for him I really do , but to brush stuff off as fog of war just does not f***ing fly

Professionalism underpins everything great about the army whether it's chaining down a challenger tank properly on a low loader to stop it falling on a bus of school kids, to changing your wet clothes prior to getting in your doss bag on exercise to ensure you don't go down and make your section less effective . It's the heartbeat of a serving soldier and allows soldiers to advance in their career to bigger and better things either to selected units or to professional qualification status .

So David tell me what you do? Not a dig, just interested

And do you think marine a acted professionally?

• Like 2

The only mistake there is the fact it was recorded , and as power to be have said , he was unstable at the time

Or as larry has pointed out four years latter ffts , not you larry !

The enemy is the enemy , no matter what colour , or creed , it makes no diffrence these people are out to kill you its that simple ,

So what we should do is patch them up,, make sure there well , and send them back to there village , feed them , and in a couple of weeks he can come back and try to kill you again , and by jolly if he's injured again , we will just have to repeat

The same process ,

Well me for one wouldn't be very happy doing that, and neither would my fellow brothers in arms !

It's a fecin joke

And I'm saying no more

• Like 1

There appears to be a lot of recrimination going on here, a lot from folk who have never experienced a conflict situation. its ok having Geneva Conventions. Human Rights Acts and Rules of Engagement, these are for Politicians, Lawyers and hand wringers to argue about from positions of safety and security. Out in the field in conflict zones some times a uniformed man has to be judge , jury and executioner. . To even imagine all parties in armed condflict observe rules and regulations is nieve to say the least and plain stupid in reality. Through out the military services certain units are trained and expected to react in certain ways to various situations, some say the rules are to be observed ,well rule number one on special ops is mission completion second is safety of your comrades and yourself any one saying different have not experienced the situations. Sgt Black man made the mistake of laughing and joking about what he had done which in itself shows a certain amount of mental instability. .He made a decision which saved an enemy combatant from a long lingering painful death the comments after were his down fall he was hung out to dry by his own Government. Time to send him home to his family.The Politicians should walk a mile in a soldiers boots and if they dont like some actions then think very hard about invasions and wars.before they ask men to put their lives on the line.

good point :thumbs:

Two wrongs don't make a right , I hear people saying , and that would be true !

But if the taliban were coming up my street , with RPGs, and rifles , I know who I would want between them and my family

Personally I'd prefer a well disciplined and professional soldier between them and my family rather than a mentally ill man who by his own admission can't deal with the stress of combat.

• Like 3

But if the taliban were coming up my street , with RPGs, and rifles , I know who I would want between them and my family

Personally I'd prefer a well disciplined and professional soldier between them and my family rather than a mentally ill man who by his own admission can't deal with the stress of combat.

oh id say old Al would do just fine in a combat situation, he manipulative an a liar he can take somebodies life in the blink of an eye, he all the hallmarks of a serial killer, but he just learned to play the game....lets see how quick his head gets the all clear when he has a release date

You understand that the 'mental illness' that gave him diminished responsibility isn't a case of nervous breakdowns or getting caught wearing his underwear on his head talking to invisible friends right?

During a testing tour he was pushed to the point where he developed a hatred of the enemy leading to an inability to make 'rationally' humane decisions towards them as is currently expected of a British soldier. He was hardly an incompetent emotional wreck when he heard a loud bang, quite the opposite.

This 'mental illness' is simply his development of an extremely callous attitude towards his enemy.

Imagine that eh, starting to look at the folks that want to behead you as without rights!

• Like 1

He is/was suffering from ptsd/combat fatigue due to his tours without proper and continual assessment by these well disciplined and professional Soldiers known as Commanding Officers. These for the majority are Military Acadamy graduates who usually have the satisfaction of the Politicians uppermost in their priorities. Who send ill equipped under funded and in some cases unfit servicemen out to do the sewer jobs these folks dont want to talk about. When the shit hits the proverbial rotorblade the decision makers like Blair like to pass the buck to others and in my experience the buck is usually passed down the Ranks not upwards. Everyone can weigh up the pros and cons with hindsight but doing it under bombardment or heavey fire some what changes decision making or should do. Most Sevicemen would prefer to not be in conflict and war zones but because they have signed on the dotted line they are supposed to blank out their morals? consciences and all march in step to Colonel Bogey, some of the bravest most decorated Soldiers alive and dead were often out of step with the more disciplined Service people but when push came to shove they often excelled at the job in hand. Yes in an ideal world we would all live by the rules and observe the laws but life especially in wars people live and die often by decisions made by the puppet masters with spreadsheets and budgets to balance,Then the Men with the crocadiles biting at their arses , who see their Brothers trying to put their fingers in the Dykes whilst trying to stem the flow of blood from a Femeral Artery or looking for various body parts spread by the IED that some one marching in line has just stepped on. Tell the Politicians you want well disciplined professional soldiers when the numbers are being cut to balance the books and through out the world keep the biscuit plate full or should I say Trough for the ones who send boys out to become men under hails of bullets and reams of rules and regulations .I have said enough I think

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 4

So true

Had the man in the top not lied then I doubt the men in the second picture would be sat where he is now

Ffs it's war people die

I know who I would rather see in a cell or swinging from a rope make no mistake Blair responsible for every death in that unjust war fact is had he not told lies nobody would of got hurt innocent or not

• Like 1

Plenty of lads out there in exactly the same conditions if not worse and they manage to do their tours without losing control and bringing disgrace on the forces. If they can't manage that they're in the wrong line of work IMO.

Blackman obviously wasn't mentally suited to the military and maybe his CO's should have picked up on it and got him some help but at the end of the day he alone is responsible for his actions.

• Like 1

Every human has a breaking point some reach that threshhold some dont. I dare say a lot of service men around the Globe would struggle to pass psycological profiling especially ones who have the tee shirt. In the Military you are expected to accept and obey orders. There is however in rules of procedure and Discipline certain provisions and sub sections to question and refuse the orders of a superior if his mental faculties appear to be impaired. The Unit of Sgt Blackman were eithe rall in the same frame of mental agitation or they were well disciplined not to question orders or actions surely they wouldnt do something the Geneva Convention doesnt permit. Behave your self as I have stated its easy to be wise after the event. . It takes a great deal of understanding to understand some actions in stressfull situations as said some can handle it some cant just as some get buried and some survive to tell the realities.. Blackman will have to go back to his wife and kids and live with his actions I for one think he did what needed to be done except not with the sound and film accompanyment.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 4

Plenty of lads out there in exactly the same conditions if not worse and they manage to do their tours without losing control and bringing disgrace on the forces. If they can't manage that they're in the wrong line of work IMO.

Blackman obviously wasn't mentally suited to the military and maybe his CO's should have picked up on it and got him some help but at the end of the day he alone is responsible for his actions.

How do you know that there were plenty of lads out there in the Exactley the same conditions

Ever fire fight is diffrent as far as I know

All people act differently under duress ever soldiers

So basically if you fight for your country and fuc up , and there's been plenty that have, you get hung out to dry

How do you know that there were plenty of lads out there in the Exactley the same conditions

Ever fire fight is diffrent as far as I know

All people act differently under duress ever soldiers

So basically if you fight for your country and fuc up , and there's been plenty that have, you get hung out to dry

Usually if you fuc up you come home in a body bag .in the case of Sgt Blackman because of helcam some one had to pay the piper for a mistake of loose lips