Brickies

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I were a brickie and got paid for openings as well I'd specialize in the front walls of garages.

there's alot of people like that in the building trade not just brickies and they are raising tbe retirement age doesn't make sense

Aye, retirement age should match the wear and tear on your body over the years. Somebody doing a desk job can work a lot longer than an outside worker. Guys on hard graft outside jobs should get the

My brother is a bricklayer, he's regularly hitting over 1k for the week on price work in South Yorkshire.

I think they are on 45 pence a brick and £1 a block.

Cheap that is.

Bedford, nothants, Mk area we are charging between £6 and £700 per thousand on brickwork, and £1.60 each for block work. (4 inch block).

7 brickies flat out and turning work away left right and centre.

My brother is a bricklayer, he's regularly hitting over 1k for the week on price work in South Yorkshire.

Cheap that is.

Bedford, nothants, Mk area we are charging between £6 and £700 per thousand on brickwork, and £1.60 each for block work. (4 inch block).

Must be the area, he's only 20 mins from home.

Cheap that is.

Must be the area, he's only 20 mins from home.

My blokes are rarely more than 40 mins from home, usually much closer.

• Like 1

Lack of brickies just now they can name there price 1000 a week for brickies is a average wage know for them I'm a renderer can't build them quick enough just now for not enough brickies

They deserve big money. Not many brickies over 60. A lot get arthritis in their hands and back---cos of repetitive movement over a lifetime. Mate of mine.. 50 odd has to spend an hour in hot tub in mornings just to get movement in his hands.

• Like 1

yes i reckon 1000 a week 5 days.got to be 185 to 200 on day rate for local work.talking to sub con bricky firm i sure he said he gets 47 pound sq mtr brick n block,and unbelivabably openings not measured,only small fee for bed lintels.fuk that im 55 right threw.fuk em

Cheap that is.

What's that doing though?

yes i reckon 1000 a week 5 days.got to be 185 to 200 on day rate for local work.talking to sub con bricky firm i sure he said he gets 47 pound sq mtr brick n block,and unbelivabably openings not measured,only small fee for bed lintels.fuk that im 55 right threw.fuk em

If I were a brickie and got paid for openings as well I'd specialize in the front walls of garages.

• Like 4

Cheap that is.

What's that doing though?
Brickwork ?