The Cluson Saved My Dads Life!!!

Thanks lads was scary sh!t for real!

I used to think I went over the top with first aid kits, extra lights, poncho's etc and gradually took things for granted and stopped taking stuff out with me, something like that makes you realize when your out your in the middle of no where, I mean my dad started lurchers as a teenager some 40 years ago and never had anything close to this, its normal for us guys to be miles away with out a care in the world and 9 times out of 10 the worse thing is a rolled ankle but in the future - best to prepare for the worst!! Some of my non-dog mates were asking if it's worth it...I say yes! If you can't do the things you love what's the point? You could get run over tomorrow crossing the road, but I will learn from it for sure.

The main thing is I will try to take someone out with me, I usually go out alone to be honest, Me and dad said other day if your on your own your fecked if something goes wrong...

Glad your ol mans on the mend.

What happened, can your Dad not swim, did he hit his head or slip?

+2 :thumbs: , was thinking the same, how old his your dad, ive had few bangs/bumps you do as you get older, you dont bounce as well lol ,

Glad your ol mans on the mend.

What happened, can your Dad not swim, did he hit his head or slip?

+2 :thumbs: , was thinking the same, how old his your dad, ive had few bangs/bumps you do as you get older, you dont bounce as well lol ,

He has a medal in life guarding when he was younger- can swim like a fish. He slipped through the rails and smashed his head on the way down f**k knows what on but hit his head pretty hard and mangled his ear, I presume he was out cold when he hit the river, when I pulled him out it took about 10-15 mins to bring him around, I think he's 56 now and had a bit of ticker trouble in the last couple of years, to be fair he did well to get on his feet, climb a fence and stumble back with me to the car.