An Hour Out With Hatty.

Firstly.....Sorry for the title....she has to have a nickname though!

Well I managed to get finished early today so off to the golf course at half 4, not for a quick 9 though, trying the new rifle out for the first proper hunt it's had after its fettle.

Lots of bunnies about but they are VERY wary at the moment as I was told the lurcher men had been on so plenty of field craft was needed.

The first one I spotted from 60 odd yards away and got into position at 33 yards and over he went.

The second came only about 5 minutes after from behind the bushes where I shot the first so the moderator works well.

I managed to get to within 27 yards of this fellow and again, over he went.

By this time it was too dark for number 3 so home time at 5.50pm.

This little hatty has proved itself to be spot on at 30 to 35 yards with the scope it has on. With a good mildot scope I would be just as confident in taking 40 to 50 yarders with it the same as my tx would do.

So off to skin these 2 bunnies now.

Thanks for reading lads.

post-94518-0-33840100-1485889325_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

cant argue with that for a fist outing matt especially in an hour :thumbs:

its been months since i shot a rabbit !

its not a bad looking rifle too.. besides the long trigger pull it sounds a good bit of kit ,

but with underdogs trigger fix it'll be spot on

makes you wonder if the hw's and aa's are worth the money cos they all need a little polish and de-burr

atb si

• Like 1

cant argue with that for a fist outing matt especially in an hour :thumbs:

its been months since i shot a rabbit !

its not a bad looking rifle too.. besides the long trigger pull it sounds a good bit of kit ,

but with underdogs trigger fix it'll be spot on

makes you wonder if the hw's and aa's are worth the money cos they all need a little polish and de-burr

atb si

Cheers Si.

Out of the box, the big boys win it hands down on looks and build quality and definately on finishing touches but as a practical hunting rifle I can't fault it.

Really well balanced, quiet, very pointable.

This could be a new club lol.

All go out and spend a ton on one with a basic scope and see what you think.....I GUARANTEE that the majority of people would be more than pleased with what they found. Especially the consistency with groupings.

• Like 1

Thank you Mark.

I'd almost forgotten how hard those AA fields hit in .22 flavour on a rabbits skull.

How is the ratworks tx serving you pal, I've not caught up with lots of the older posts as yet.

Haven`t had the TX out in a while Matt but she is one quality gun that is staying right here.

I`m not sure if you`ve noticed Matt but I bought two MK1 FWB Sports - the 124 (.177) and the 127 ( .22 ) and have had a bit of fun with these :whistling::angel: .

1979 and 1978 respectively.

post-85710-0-75181200-1485894666.jpg

post-85710-0-77688300-1485894702.jpg

Looks like your bonding well with the " Hatty" mate -- enjoy Matt :good:

atb Mark

• Like 1

Thank you Mark.

I'd almost forgotten how hard those AA fields hit in .22 flavour on a rabbits skull.

How is the ratworks tx serving you pal, I've not caught up with lots of the older posts as yet.

Haven`t had the TX out in a while Matt but she is one quality gun that is staying right here.

I`m not sure if you`ve noticed Matt but I bought two MK1 FWB Sports - the 124 (.177) and the 127 ( .22 ) and have had a bit of fun with these :whistling::angel: .

1979 and 1978 respectively.

attachicon.gifIMG_0425.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0427.JPG

Looks like your bonding well with the " Hatty" mate -- enjoy Matt :good:

atb Mark

Lovely looking rifles Mark and they clearly do the job looking those very dead looking woodies and squirrels pal.?
  • Like 1