Fell X Whippet

If a small lurcher is your thing I can't see why folk use Bedlingtons when there's 15 inch lines of proper Fell types.

The mother of my first ever lurcher was a black Fell X Whippet and she looked just like a black whippet.

That meant my lurcher was 1/4 Fell and she was as racey as a Whippet, her father was 1/4 Collie 3/4 Greyhound. Sadly my pup died young.

IMO a Fell terrier from a family of large types over a Greyhound would bring more to the table than a Beddy cross or even a Bull cross.

I seen a litter of Border terrier X Greyhounds and at 10 months they were around 24 inches.

• Like 4

Any pics of the two you seen lee ? I like my beddy xs I've a old beddy whippet was grate little dog day or night bushed up , marked up worked well with terriers on the rocks hunted up like a hound and only time opened up was in cover but when broke cover yap yap stoped , what size are thay lee an was the ones you seen digging fell put to whippet mate

If a small lurcher is your thing I can't see why folk use Bedlingtons when there's 15 inch lines of proper Fell types.

The mother of my first ever lurcher was a black Fell X Whippet and she looked just like a black whippet.

That meant my lurcher was 1/4 Fell and she was as racey as a Whippet, her father was 1/4 Collie 3/4 Greyhound. Sadly my pup died young.

IMO a Fell terrier from a family of large types over a Greyhound would bring more to the table than a Beddy cross or even a Bull cross.

I seen a litter of Border terrier X Greyhounds and at 10 months they were around 24 inches.

do you no if the border x greyhound make any good workers Neil

Any pics of the two you seen lee ? I like my beddy xs I've a old beddy whippet was grate little dog day or night bushed up , marked up worked well with terriers on the rocks hunted up like a hound and only time opened up was in cover but when broke cover yap yap stoped , what size are thay lee an was the ones you seen digging fell put to whippet mate

The 2 I sore were around 19 / 20 inch and had a dense coat like wire wool both were black with white toes . It was around 15 years ago and I don't know if the sire was a digging dog but as I've said both were very good rabbit dogs all or nothing types that would hit cover without touching the breaks

do you no if the border x greyhound make any good workers Neil

No, and I wont bullshit you but the Border they were out of wouldn't have been a tried and tested terrier.

I used that cross as an example to what size they were. If a border across a greyhound would make 24" then IMO a black terrier from a large family should do to.

Like I said, they were 10 months when I seen them.

Only ever seen one spaniel x whippet it was a springer first cross it was a handy ferreting dog true marker and a good net keeper but was a little heavy so it's turn of speed suffered for this to my mind it could of been bettered by another cross back to a greyhound

Edited by leethedog