The Cat Is Back, Confused.com

Let me know which pond you chuck it in Rob

Try the photon on it see if that's any better. If not a different day scope off you R10 maybe ? You know that's spot on and will tell you if it's the gun or scope. It can't be the reg as the spread in fpe is excellent mate

Ha, I will smash it to bits on a wall first, wouldn't wish this trouble on my worst enemy.

Hard to tell with the photon, it looks to be doing ok, pissing down now though.

The r10 has the 870lrf on and is sweet so don't wanna take that off.

The extreme spread on paper looks perfect, but so did the test sheets that came back with it, don't understand why it's not doing it now, I will try another day scope on it as it's the only other thing I can think of.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get rid.

Once you have lost confidence in a gun you may as well get rid, there are plenty of good guns out there to go at.

Can you chrono it yourself to eliminate bullshit from them ?

Have you let anyone else shoot it & you watch ? Just out of interest the gun my not suit you, I know I couldn't shoot 1 free hand, are you shooting of a bipod or free hand ?

Not yet, my mate is going to try it as soon as he is free, he shoots a pulsar and I rate his marksmanship, he can hit stuff, so see what he thinks as you could be right, it may not suit me and my hold may be altering and throwing things out.

All the testing today was done bench rested, no free hand.

Try the photon on it see if that's any better. If not a different day scope off you R10 maybe ? You know that's spot on and will tell you if it's the gun or scope. It can't be the reg as the spread in fpe is excellent mate

Ha, I will smash it to bits on a wall first, wouldn't wish this trouble on my worst enemy.

The extreme spread on paper looks perfect, but so did the test sheets that came back with it, don't understand why it's not doing it now, I will try another day scope on it as it's the only other thing I can think of.

• Like 2

Have you let anyone else shoot it & you watch ? Just out of interest the gun my not suit you, I know I couldn't shoot 1 free hand, are you shooting of a bipod or free hand ?

Not yet, my mate is going to try it as soon as he is free, he shoots a pulsar and I rate his marksmanship, he can hit stuff, so see what he thinks as you could be right, it may not suit me and my hold may be altering and throwing things out.

Bench rested ? Off a bipod or just rested on a bean bag etc, I can shoot them off a bipod only, the gun is just to light for me , I'm not saying it's you, but it is just something else to rule out.

• Like 1

It's not looking good.

I saw a girl newbie put 9 shots in a row from a .22 Wildcat through an 8mm hole on a bell target at 30yrds at Black Cat.

These are very capable rifles.

Unless your scope is iffy or you've got parkinsons, it looks like the gun is a wrong 'un :(

Sorry mate. Hope you get it sorted.

• Like 1

No, I managed to damage my skan, double loaded and one hit the sensor, must get it fixed.

Bench rested ? Off a bipod or just rested on a bean bag etc, I can shoot them off a bipod only, the gun is just to light for me , I'm not saying it's you, but it is just something else to rule out.

Bench rested on a bag, I have only just started using bipods on air rifles in the last few months.

I haven't ruled out it may well be me, I just think it to be unlikely

It's not looking good.

I saw a girl newbie put 9 shots in a row from a .22 Wildcat through an 8mm hole on a bell target at 30yrds at Black Cat.

Unless your scope is iffy or you've got parkinsons, it looks like the gun is a wrong 'un :(

No Parkinson's, I am going to try a different scope tomorrow, but this is only about 8 months old air max 30, the rifle it was on it never missed a beat, not saying it may have gone wrong though.

I have visited ASI and spoken to Simon a couple of times, seem to be good people and to be honest they have been in the game for a very long time with shotguns and rifles enjoying a decent reputation so worth a phone call.

Phil

• Like 1

It's not looking good.

No Parkinson's, I am going to try a different scope tomorrow, but this is only about 8 months old air max 30, the rifle it was on it never missed a beat, not saying it may have gone wrong though.

Good luck mate I feel for you, if it was grouping continually but not the best I would say it could be the shooter. But if they're spraying all over the shop I would be leaning toward the equipment?

Keep me fingers crossed for you ??

• Like 1

Exactly what I was thinking,do you think perhaps they sent you a test card from another rifle??? I know a certian importer of Weihrauch rifles that had a .177 hw99s returned to them for being underpowered, the test card came back at 11.6 ftlbs, however when tested on two separate chronographs it was actually doing around 10ftlbs they had clearly shot another rifle.

• Like 1

Exactly what I was thinking,do you think perhaps they sent you a test card from another rifle??? I know a certian importer of Weihrauch rifles that had a .177 hw99s returned to them for being underpowered, the test card came back at 11.6 ftlbs, however when tested on two separate chronographs it was actually doing around 10ftlbs they had clearly shot another rifle.

I don't know mate, the thought had crossed my mind as its so wildly different to what I am getting with the same pellets !

No way to test it at present though.

You can download a chrono app for a smart phone, may not be accurate in terms of within 3 ft per second, but it should give you an idea of spread!

Thanks mole, but I have arranged to take it to a local range that also does gun smithing, they will chrono it for me so there can be no argument if it needs to go back, again !

• Like 2