Whats This Please?

For all the dog fans here are two one hundred percent puma tracks taken from inside there enclosure, I know what the paw print is as I track this one and several others on a regular basis, the thing that amazes me most is all the so called countrymen that are totally oblivious, maybe I just live in an area with lots of cats or maybe I just spend more time mooching around places people are not meant to be, but most of my mates over the years have seen them usually when out lamping, I even know two lads that ran one with dogs, I guess being an older bloke having lived through the good old days of hunting, there is not much out there that gets me excited anymore, I have over the years hunted and killed pretty much every British mammal, so this year I,m going to collect photo evidence of the ultimate quarry, a big British cat, and maybe even a piccy of the beast itself, i live in avonmouth on the edge of Bristol, and I can go to two areas within a couple of miles of my house and find tell tell signs of big cats on a semi regular basis, I,m also used to loads of ridicule over the subject and am considered a bit weird by many, but it's all part of the fun, and gets me out and about,

A pumas toes are teardrop shaped, different to a dogs.

Those prints in the snow are no puma.....

there are know pictures in the snow mate so I don't see what your getting at three are in mud one in sand the bottom two are from an enclosure so are 100 percent big cat the ones I took, I followed for several fields I have seen this animal so I know it's not a dog it was chasing a small group of roe in thick fog, I find quite a few things after heavy fog as it obviously confuses the prey and helps the predator, what you need to do is put up a decent photo of a dog with a five inch wide paw really, should be a peace of piss If they are that common my Nokia is there for a size comparison as everyone knows how big it is, in one of the areas I go tracking there are two Newfoundland dogs that I see on my trail cameras regularly there feet are narrower but longer than the one in my pics and the middle toes come to a point I can dismiss them at a glance though they did get me going the first time I saw them, I have only just started to carry a camera with me as I thought everyone just new they were there like me, I find deer that are killed and stripped to the bone overnight sheep killed and dragged into the woods before being stripped out I even found a fox last year killed and stripped to the bone that had its head bit clean in half, you can even identify the rear teeth of the cats, by the crushing cut marks on the bone I really did think that anyone who spends time out and about would of seen these things themselves which is why I,ve never bothered collecting evidence or doubting what I know is there, I will leave you to your own thoughts now but I will continue to stick pics up as and when I find things for anyone interested cheers
Sorry I was looking at Puma tracks in the snow, like I said a pumas toes are tear dropped shaped and come to a point at the tip, a dogs are nearer to the same width at both ends like the original pics you put up.

Those tracks don't even look especially large for a dog when you look at them next to the deer prints.

last time then as we have stolen someone else's thread, but here you go the photo is a large dog as I said longer than wide lastly the Nokia as everyone knows is a brick and measures five inch,s my lurchers foot is one and a half inch,s wide so how you can say they are small prints, I,d love to see what's big to you,

I'll take my Dad's Akita for a walk soon and do some measurements, he's a large dog and has a decent set of paws on him.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a waterhen is a moorhen mate..we call em woggahens round here.....lol........

A Pokemon?

Good one, maybe juvenile?  

Posted Images

For all the dog fans here are two one hundred percent puma tracks taken from inside there enclosure, I know what the paw print is as I track this one and several others on a regular basis, the thing that amazes me most is all the so called countrymen that are totally oblivious, maybe I just live in an area with lots of cats or maybe I just spend more time mooching around places people are not meant to be, but most of my mates over the years have seen them usually when out lamping, I even know two lads that ran one with dogs, I guess being an older bloke having lived through the good old days of hunting, there is not much out there that gets me excited anymore, I have over the years hunted and killed pretty much every British mammal, so this year I,m going to collect photo evidence of the ultimate quarry, a big British cat, and maybe even a piccy of the beast itself, i live in avonmouth on the edge of Bristol, and I can go to two areas within a couple of miles of my house and find tell tell signs of big cats on a semi regular basis, I,m also used to loads of ridicule over the subject and am considered a bit weird by many, but it's all part of the fun, and gets me out and about,

there are know pictures in the snow mate so I don't see what your getting at three are in mud one in sand the bottom two are from an enclosure so are 100 percent big cat the ones I took, I followed for several fields I have seen this animal so I know it's not a dog it was chasing a small group of roe in thick fog, I find quite a few things after heavy fog as it obviously confuses the prey and helps the predator, what you need to do is put up a decent photo of a dog with a five inch wide paw really, should be a peace of piss If they are that common my Nokia is there for a size comparison as everyone knows how big it is, in one of the areas I go tracking there are two Newfoundland dogs that I see on my trail cameras regularly there feet are narrower but longer than the one in my pics and the middle toes come to a point I can dismiss them at a glance though they did get me going the first time I saw them, I have only just started to carry a camera with me as I thought everyone just new they were there like me, I find deer that are killed and stripped to the bone overnight sheep killed and dragged into the woods before being stripped out I even found a fox last year killed and stripped to the bone that had its head bit clean in half, you can even identify the rear teeth of the cats, by the crushing cut marks on the bone I really did think that anyone who spends time out and about would of seen these things themselves which is why I,ve never bothered collecting evidence or doubting what I know is there, I will leave you to your own thoughts now but I will continue to stick pics up as and when I find things for anyone interested cheers
Sorry I was looking at Puma tracks in the snow, like I said a pumas toes are tear dropped shaped and come to a point at the tip, a dogs are nearer to the same width at both ends like the original pics you put up.

Those tracks don't even look especially large for a dog when you look at them next to the deer prints.

last time then as we have stolen someone else's thread, but here you go the photo is a large dog as I said longer than wide lastly the Nokia as everyone knows is a brick and measures five inch,s my lurchers foot is one and a half inch,s wide so how you can say they are small prints, I,d love to see what's big to you,

I'll take my Dad's Akita for a walk soon and do some measurements, he's a large dog and has a decent set of paws on him.

do some photos, there is a boat on the sharpness canal called Akita, the owner wrote a book about his travels on the canals with his dog, it's called canals, canines and curries, might make a nice stocking filler for the old man,

I'm interested, get them up.

Trail cams are good quality.

PS sorry Deker for high jacking your thread.

I have a couple of stealth cams, they are going out next week in an old fellas garden, his garden is about 200 yards long and surrounded by woods I have found a few good kills in the hedges around his garden,the fox I mentioned earlier and a very fresh roe stripped to the bone, there is a large run from one side to the other, it's nice and safe so I can leave them out for a month without worrying about them getting found will let you know how it goes
  • Like 2

I have a couple of stealth cams, they are going out next week in an old fellas garden, his garden is about 200 yards long and surrounded by woods I have found a few good kills in the hedges around his garden,the fox I mentioned earlier and a very fresh roe stripped to the bone, there is a large run from one side to the other, it's nice and safe so I can leave them out for a month without worrying about them getting found will let you know how it goes

Why don't you set out some bait and leave a camera there or better still tranqulise the cat?

Why don't you set out some bait and leave a camera there or better still tranqulise the cat?

Good idea. He probably has a cat tranquillising kit (large) as we all do. :laugh:

Good idea. He probably has a cat tranquillising kit (large) as we all do. :laugh:

Shoot the thing then, he's hardly going to be arrested for killing a big cat over here is he. ?