Bellman And Flint Range

Finding my collar and box are nearly 2ft out the further I have apart the more they are out, bellman tell me nothing wrong and should be taken as a guide!?

I know it's not going to bang on but 2ft is a lot to be out by..

anyone else got this problem??

Cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep some shit bred by me, no need for fancy collars, they'll be out in ten minutes lol

Im not getting something here .Ive never missed a terrier using any form of locator tbh .Move the box in a cross over where you suspect and use the smallest reading as your centre .Im bemused why peop

Say your mark is 0.8 slowly move it in a direction until it reads 0.9, move it in the opposite direction so it reads higher again. Do this in all directions and you'll have a perimeter at which inside

Say your mark is 0.8 slowly move it in a direction until it reads 0.9, move it in the opposite direction so it reads higher again. Do this in all directions and you'll have a perimeter at which inside it is your lowest reading. The centre of that circle should be your mark. Sounds confusing but really straight forward.

• Like 4

Like chilli says the collar must be on side on dogs neck so it's pointing straight up and down!

I noticed mine was off by 30 cm per meter so I was digging bigger holes than I needed the problem was once I rang bellman he explained if the collar is layed flat not pointing up it will give a different reading you can try this by putting box on table and holding collar on floor with it pointing up, now lay the collar flat u will see a deviation in the numbers! The problem I had was caused by my young dog who is big a leggy even tho I put collar on his side pointing up he spends a lot of time on his side pushing through tight bits giving a reading deeper than it actually is as the collar isn't pointing up! I never had a problem with the same collar on his mother as she was smaller and sat right in the tube with collar facing up

Cheers 5fd I'll give this a go