Rooney Breaks

Ffs now who's deluded Adams, Moore & Charlton weren't Rooney's generation.

Rooney has been more successful than Terry, Lampard & Shearer. Granted those three were all good players in their positions but Rooney's a better all round footballer than all three of them.

Any more...?

Im not sure id make a strong argument about it but i think given the choice id rather have Scholes or Gerrard in my team than Rooney id say they were both better all round players than Rooney.....only my opinion like.
Fair comment. Both were top notch.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But he scored 18 penalties out of that lot But sir bobby scored 6 , in my eyes that makes Bobby a better goal scorer than that over paid twat

In many ways you have to admire lads like Rooney they give up on education to pursue their sporting dreams,make the necessary sacrifices re going out on the piss etc....then as teenage sporting stars

Breaking Man.U & England records is a fantastic achievement , he over took Charlton playing 212 games less , I don't think he gets the credit he deserves , be a while before anyone beats either re

Whatever club or country you support, or even if you concern yourself with media tittle tattle over sporting achievements the facts will remain the facts are... Rooney has scored more goals for his country and now for the biggest club in England than any other player...

Not only that he has done it for both in far less games, plus he hasn't really played as a striker properly for 3 or 4 years....

Giggs played around 300 games more and is nowhere near his record...

He played 2nd fiddle to Ronaldo for 3 or 4 seasons whilst in his prime and still scored over 20 goals a season...

Is he the best English player.... no.... but he's probably one of the most competitive and driven,

Instead of all this shit about so and so's better or he shouldn't shag about etc, perhaps looking into what an unbelievable achievement this would be more in keeping

Purely out of interest as i had the conversation with someone the other day.......would you book Rooney as a better goal scorer than Andy Cole....or not ?

My argument was that Cole scored 5 or 6 less than Rooney has but in about 50 games less and only 1 was a penalty......plus he didnt have the likes of Scholes and Giggs feeding him for many of those goals.

Whatever club or country you support, or even if you concern yourself with media tittle tattle over sporting achievements the facts will remain the facts are... Rooney has scored more goals for his country and now for the biggest club in England than any other player...

Not only that he has done it for both in far less games, plus he hasn't really played as a striker properly for 3 or 4 years....

He played 2nd fiddle to Ronaldo for 3 or 4 seasons whilst in his prime and still scored over 20 goals a season...

Is he the best English player.... no.... but he's probably one of the most competitive and driven,

Instead of all this shit about so and so's better or he shouldn't shag about etc, perhaps looking into what an unbelievable achievement this would be more in keeping

Purely out of interest as i had the conversation with someone the other day.......would you book Rooney as a better goal scorer than Andy Cole....or not ?

My argument was that Cole scored 5 or 6 less than Rooney has but in about 50 games less and only 1 was a penalty......plus he didnt have the likes of Scholes and Giggs feeding him for many of those goals.

Id Definetly say Rooney was a better goal scorer than Cole , as if Rooney had of had the same opportunities as Cole he'd be way beyond 250 , Rooney scores goals Andy Cole could only dream off yet Rooney would of scored more than Cole if he'd of had the exact same chances .

Sorry mate, not sure if I'm reading this right?

Are you talking about goals for Man U or career goals , as I don't think he's that close to Rooney in Utd goals...

His goals to games ratio was great though, proper poacher type player, used to get criticised for missing chances but he was great at creating chances, that's why he was so prolific...

I would choose Rooney personally, I think he's always been a good finisher, can score from anywhere and has more to his game for me.... I'm not sure on his goals to games ratio but imagine it would be close.

Just with Premier League goals really...i dont think he,s far behind Rooney with less matches played....and he wasnt a penalty taker whereas im pretty sure a good 50 of Rooneys goals were from the spot......when you consider Cole,s scoring record includes spells at clubs like Fulham,Pompey,Newcastle etc it has to be a tougher proposition than having the quality of Scholes/Beckham/Giggs etc lining opportunities up ?.....i think he was a better goal poacher than Rooney im not sure how Rooneys scoring record would of faired at smaller clubs.