New Perm

Following on from my previous post regarding a rat perm, I had a meet at the dairy farm today with a few large rats running around whilst I was there.............looks promising.

The farm is approx 300 acres, bigger than I thought and not just a rat perm. There were loads and loads of ferals floating around which I can also shoot.

What I did not know was that the farmer's nephew, who walked around with me, runs a low profile game shoot on the land which he invited me to join next season and at £300 a year, it would be rude not to. Even more boys, every September they do 4 or 5 duck shoots over a flight pond on the farm so I offered to let them use my duck decoys if they want and that got me an invite to join in.

Sooooooo an overview, rat, feral pigeon and crows with the rifle. Game, crow woodies and duck with shotgun......oh yes and a promise to introduce me to the farm over the road who has loads of rats

I think I can say today has been a very productive day.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 8

nice touch that phil :victory:

i can see a trip to B+Q for a litter picker and some sacks on the horizon...

happy hunting and looking forward to the cat gets the rat post's :thumbs:

atb si

Litter picker and a super size plastic bucket already in the garage ready for Tuesday. I am going to zero the .22 down to 15mt for the rats and use the .177 on the ferals and looking forward to it sooooooooo much.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

I mixed up some rat bait and planted in a couple of spots this afternoon, at 6pm I went back to the dairy farm to find the rats had got stuck into my little bait mixture.

I took the wildcat with me just in case there were any rats around but as I had really only popped there to check the bait so 11 rats in 35 mins tells me that I think this place is going to give me some fun, oh yes boys FUN, fcuking filthy though. Some of these rats are big buggers and take some stopping.

I am loving this perm, I know it's a bit early to say that but sometimes things just feel right.

Phil

• Like 2