American Sniper

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure the families of his victims were all terrorists .........

PTSD was the same in ww2 as it is now ... back then guys were shot for being deserters ... lots of men came back from the war changed and were never the same again ... the difference is today that we

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ? Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the

If you can't see what your shooting at then you shouldn't be pulling the trigger ... unlike Hollywood you have a limited amount of ammo and if you waste it before your enemy guess what's going to happen ... as for contact distance in this day and age it's normally dictated by the enemy and how brave or superior their feeling some will take it right up to you whilst others will start trying to engage you from a fukc of a long way and unless your taking "effective enemy fire" you just crack on and don't waste ammo firing back .......

Thanks Socks

I was under the impression that once you get contact with the enemy you use suppressing fire to keep their heads down while you figure out where they are.

If you don't mind answering, you have a patrol that comes under fire, are they going to sit tight under fire and not shoot back whilst they figure out the firing points of the enemy etc?

I'm just curious to understand the tactics

Cheers!

Edit and p.s you can actually see people or muzzle flashes?

In such an instance, I am giggling at the back of an old airborne forces t shirt I used to wear

" in the unlikely event of being outgunned , it's important to get the GPMG up on the hip and shout "oi you hat c**t get some of this" all the time looking well tasty throughout "

It actually said, phone WILF the one man regiment and stand well back whilst gasping with awe !

It must be dangerous for such an elite member of the British armed forces to be living in Ireland. I hope you've got a special IED detector fitted to your car pal! :laugh:

• Like 1

If you can't see what your shooting at then you shouldn't be pulling the trigger ... unlike Hollywood you have a limited amount of ammo and if you waste it before your enemy guess what's going to happen ... as for contact distance in this day and age it's normally dictated by the enemy and how brave or superior their feeling some will take it right up to you whilst others will start trying to engage you from a fukc of a long way and unless your taking "effective enemy fire" you just crack on and don't waste ammo firing back .......

Thanks Socks

I was under the impression that once you get contact with the enemy you use suppressing fire to keep their heads down while you figure out where they are.

If you don't mind answering, you have a patrol that comes under fire, are they going to sit tight under fire and not shoot back whilst they figure out the firing points of the enemy etc?

Cheers!

In such an instance, I am giggling at the back of an old airborne forces t shirt I used to wear

" in the unlikely event of being outgunned , it's important to get the GPMG up on the hip and shout "oi you hat c**t get some of this" all the time looking well tasty throughout "

It actually said, phone WILF the one man regiment and stand well back whilst gasping with awe !
It must be dangerous for such an elite member of the British armed forces to be living in Ireland. I hope you've got a special IED detector fitted to your car pal! :laugh:

Nar to scare you away he'd only have to have a Golliwog on the dash or maybe a picture of Nigel Farage..... ???

• Like 2

Thanks Socks

Cheers!

Fukc sake mate you must be blind it said ... phone WILF the one man helmet and stand well back whilst he is grappling with an ewe ........

I leave the ewe grappling to you welsh boys ! Lol

Thanks Socks

Cheers!

Fukc sake mate you must be blind it said ... phone WILF the one man helmet and stand well back whilst he is grappling with an ewe ........
I leave the ewe grappling to you welsh boys ! Lol
That's foreplay not grappling.
  • Like 1

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ?

Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the 20s and raised in the 20/30s

Maybe they kept quiet....Dosnt mean they did suffer depression or spend there evenings twatting the wife

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ?

Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the 20s and raised in the 20/30s

Maybe they kept quiet....Dosnt mean they did suffer depression or spend there evenings twatting the wife

It wasn't the thing to talk about it so it was kept under wraps and treated with shame. Having combat experience back then wasn't unusual like today (if fact it was the opposite) so maybe that's why people didn't talk?

My great grandfather worked with leather, making cases etc, he was in the infantry in WW1 and apparently his squad threw grenades into a trench where they held captured Germans....sounds like a haunted man to me.

Spoke to several vets over the years and they are all amazing people who are unassuming and don't like to talk about their experiences, the ones that do tend to be much older. As I said the P-51 pilot we talked to wouldn't talk about his experiences for decades. He is almost 90 now and more open but we don't press him on combat experiences, more general plane stuff. I recorded out conversation with him, you would all probably love it but he has a shit microphone and we couldn't hear him very well. We also had the other guy Walter Schuck (the M<e-262 pilot that he shot down) on coms a few years ago but he has saddly passed away.

Our governments send these guys to war (rightly or wrongly) but we should treat them with absolute respect

• Like 1

For socks , I can't be bothered uploading a pic but I'm currently balls deep into Pam 3 at this exact moment ...already read bcdt and cbrn,

I'm also scouring eBay for model kits lol

Your having a fun time then lol ... I don't miss them days ... make your own model kit mate much easier ... powdered chalk ribbons some wire all fits into a little tin and then just use the natural fauna around you ... go all tony hart lol .......

What Socks dont know and Stiffmiester isn't telling is that I am like the love child of Mike Vronsky and the Predator !!

You obviously got your looks from the predator ........

• Like 1