Importing A Working Terrier To The States

I am looking for an honest individual who has working stock to help me acquire a terrier to import to the States. With all the nonsense going on here, I just can't see myself spending my money on a dog from stock that was not proven in the field on formidable quarry.

I do not mind paying for the dog but I am a man with a family and to be honest I can't afford outrageous crazy price tags..

So if there is anyone who is more concerned about placement than Money, feel free to contact me.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck wading through the shit

Get a pup off american lads who are working the quarry you'll be working. There's some on here. And only buy a pup once you've seen the parents work

If I was you I'd get a couple any way you never want to put all your eggs in one basket . Not in the terrier game any way . Don't quote me on this because I've never been to America digging . What I'v

Mr lonespade, please take ,mr.rob284 , advice to heart,read it several times, so you understand completely what he is telling you!!!!, what state in the United States will be your home base ? If I knew that I can size u up with the [BANNED TEXT] size dog? Example : if your coming to Pennsylvania /ohio with a terrier 17lbs or bigger, you are gone to miss out on some of the best ground hog hunting n the states, a terrier 11/14 lbs would b size perfect!!!!.other areas u can use a 17lbs + terrier !!!!.

• Like 1

Richlee, I travel a lot to hunt with friends.. I want one I can hunt in several different states. I want one that I can dig ground hog with my buddies from the North yet I want him durable enough so when I visit my friends in the panhandle of Texas I can participate in the American Badger digs there..

That's the problem I have with American Terriers, one must own a different dog for each quarry.. I want an all around worker.. I don't want to have to own one dog for ground hog, one dog for Badger, one dog for.. well you get my point..

If I was you I'd get a couple any way you never want to put all your eggs in one basket . Not in the terrier game any way . Don't quote me on this because I've never been to America digging . What I've heard wouldn't it be hard to get an alround dog . With the size difference from ground hog to badger . Sometimes you struggle from fox to badger . If I had any pups you would be welcome to one but won't be for a couple of years yet . I'd like to see how they got on in a different country on different quarry .
  • Like 4

That's the problem I have with American Terriers, one must own a different dog for each quarry.. I want an all around worker.. I don't want to have to own one dog for ground hog, one dog for Badger, one dog for.. well you get my point..

small dogs and big dogs, both struggle doing each others jobs. If your all over the country on a wide range of quarry your gunna need a few types of dogs.
  • Like 3

Mr.lonespade, please learn from the experience terriermen on this post. Even if you find a terrier small enough to get there n big enough stay with a heart bigger then his brains u only gone to b able to hunt him 1/2 times a month, so that fact alone your gone to need a.couple more to dig to!!!.

• Like 2