Eley Subs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep Walshie, there definitely seems to be more wax on them these days.   I found a fully tarnished round in a box the other day. It looked completely black. I thought that it was a gimmick, like Wil

And if your really lucky you might get a group of 5 on a dinner plate at yards!   Rws may be worth a try, they were extremely accurate in a couple of rifles I've had.   Winchester always used to

Mine also don't like extracting eley. All others have been sound

June??? :icon_eek: . I do feel for you mate.

I have had a firearms ticket 30 year,and it's the longest I have ever waited Tremo, I am usually quite happy with the process,I have a variation in for another .22 at the same time, but nothing out of the ordinary, spoke to them last week and they say it might be xmas/ Jan, Edited by 3175darren

Eley produce the tightest groups for my CZ, but they do seem to ricochet that bit more, winchesters drop stuff better and group not too bad for hunting.

I've had extraction problems in the past walshie, to the point i had to take empty cases out with terminal screwdrivers...frustrating when something is in the crosshairs..

So it's not just me then. :laugh: I always have my terminal screwdriver in my pocket for just that purpose. :yes: I was out Thursday and Friday. Thursday was no problem but after half a dozen shots on Friday, the dreaded extraction problems. I was poking round trying to get the cases out while my smug shooting buddy was shooting my bunnies.

I think i'll try some Winchesters next. This is winding me right up.

When I get extraction issues with the eley it tends to be when it's cold and the round has been chambered a while. Repeat shots usually extract without a problem.

One solution to try for a field remedy is to drop your boresnake in your pocket and if it starts playing up 'floss' just the chamber with the wire brush section then take it back out again rather than pulling through. It might dislodge enough residue to stop repeat jams.

Edited by Jax13
  • Like 1

Eley produce the tightest groups for my CZ, but they do seem to ricochet that bit more, winchesters drop stuff better and group not too bad for hunting.

I've had extraction problems in the past walshie, to the point i had to take empty cases out with terminal screwdrivers...frustrating when something is in the crosshairs..

So it's not just me then. :laugh: I always have my terminal screwdriver in my pocket for just that purpose. :yes: I was out Thursday and Friday. Thursday was no problem but after half a dozen shots on Friday, the dreaded extraction problems. I was poking round trying to get the cases out while my smug shooting buddy was shooting my bunnies.

had two stick in today must admit I was bit pissed off as thought it was something ring with the bolt but now looked at the empty cartridges and the loaded cartridges they are waxy, removing the mag and then pushing the bolt back home and then open again removed them so no need for screwdriver .........yet

had two stick in today must admit I was bit pissed off as thought it was something ring with the bolt but now looked at the empty cartridges and the loaded cartridges they are waxy, removing the mag and then pushing the bolt back home and then open again removed them so no need for screwdriver .........yet

Take one just in case. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the Rochester Dickens Festival. There's a gun shop who doesn't sell Eley. Time to try something new! Maybe my 10 shot magazine will stop sticking / filling with wax!

Brought 200 CCI Mini-Mag @ £8.50 per 100. Had a go at the club last night and they out performed Eley Club which were £6.50 per 50!

Don't want to worry you walshie but a couple of us are having the same issues with winchesters. Switched to 42's a while ago, very pleased with, seemed to drop stuff better however, things have gone down the pan now

Ejection issues as you've mentioned plus accuracy issues also!

Have stripped the bolt down a couple of times & even cleaned the barrel - haven't given it much thought just cursed to date. Looking at this thread though maybe there are some more general issues with production - don't most of these 22 rounds come from the same place?

Don't want to worry you walshie but a couple of us are having the same issues with winchesters. Switched to 42's a while ago, very pleased with, seemed to drop stuff better however, things have gone down the pan now

Have stripped the bolt down a couple of times & even cleaned the barrel - haven't given it much thought just cursed to date. Looking at this thread though maybe there are some more general issues with production - don't most of these 22 rounds come from the same place?

Don't know mate. I've only ever tried CCI (no problems) and Eleys. Eleys are more accurate in my gun, but when you want a follow up shot...grrr.

Don't know mate. I've only ever tried CCI (no problems) and Eleys. Eleys are more accurate in my gun, but when you want a follow up shot...grrr.

There's your answer mate.

Only fire one shot per outing.

There's your answer mate.

Only fire one shot per outing.

That's no good. I like to pour a lot of lead downrange and let the law of averages take over.