Ferreting Using Rubbish Nets,......

I went out with the terrier and ferret on sunday, iv only just got back into rabbiting after 18 months , i bought 10 cheap used nylon nets off ebay, anyway i bolted 6 rabbits and caught 1 rabbit, due to the nets, they wasnt long enough, and the cord wasnt long enough either, neither the pegs, that was 4 different sets, stupid really of me to use them, but wanted to try my new ferret out, and get my terrier back out again ect... but what im trying say is you get what you pay for, 18 months ago all my nets were spun poly, mostly 4ft a few 3fters, dont get me wrong i did have a couple nylon nets but the cord was the right length along with the pegs. atb FT :thumbs:

Money for old rope, comes to mind.

At least the dog and ferret got out, and ones ok, 5 more for next time.

Think positive...

FF

yep a couple seemed on the small side, i didnt have room in the freezer so didnt mind at all, i had a pheasant to go with the rabbit, :thumbs: but yes quality counts, everyone needs a few 4ft nets as some rabbit holes are either wide or high ect, atb FT

Those nylon f**kers should be banned. Try ferreting a Hawthorn hedge with them, picking the twigs out of them is a nightmare. :laugh:

You just need heavier ones, 10 or 12z...I have blue 12z I think they are and pulled and stretched them through blackthorn for a few years without any hassle

• Like 2

I use both 10oz nylon and spun nylon and only really lay the 10oz if there's no obstructions at all (open holes in grass etc) as I find they just catch on anything and don't purse properly. Can't beat spun nylon in my opinion (plus ferrets seem to find it easier to get through spun nylon without getting stuck!). Atb

I use both 10oz nylon and spun nylon and only really lay the 10oz if there's no obstructions at all (open holes in grass etc) as I find they just catch on anything and don't purse properly. Can't beat spun nylon in my opinion (plus ferrets seem to find it easier to get through spun nylon without getting stuck!). Atb

the compleate oposite for me,,and thats after 30 years of knitting,,,10 z and i dare say 12 z,,deffo the best material for a purse net,,

• Like 1