Fresh Turkey Price.

Bought my first rob of beef following this lol 6F535776-8ECB-423D-A090-F37551084D9C_zps

Nice dry aged cut from the butcher! Hope I can do same as above!!

Looks bloody lovely! How much it cost and what weight is it?
Just slightly under 1.5kg (bone in) was approx £20! Not sure if it's good or bad! I also had just over 700g or dry aged rump for £13 approx. (Was £33.50 for both lots)

I've got a butcher I know down Bristol fruit market does me 5KG chicken breast for £20 and loads of cheap steak and pork steaks but the quality of the steak ain't the same to the good stuff I've had in some places.

Guess it depends if you want cheap protein or whether you want to pay extra and go for quality. A lot of people these days want the biggest most massive meal they can for as cheap as possible! People rant about those all you can eat for £10 type places but I think they're total crap. Junk food for idiots who just want to stuff their faces.

Tottaly agree with you.

I was caught out 1 day in the market by that butcher with a microphone on his head.the twat tucked me right up.

This bag for £10 and this for that much.he wouldnt shut up.

I spent £20 i might aswell of thrown the £20 out the car window.

Meat was terrible.the dogs didnt mind it though.

???

I used to work down there mate doing the accident claims lol!

Most the people down there are a bit rough but old funny folk! I don't think they're the sort to buy posh meat they probably be happy with £10 worth of steak that can feed a family of 10 ? But it ain't for me!

I don't really drink nor smoke so rather spend bit more on nice grub! Just had the steaks cor talk about flavour!

F6AEB5CA-1CD5-4E3F-B7D4-7111F897F8ED_zps

781081BB-106E-4247-AB60-99D267203ED3_zps

• Like 5

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a beautiful 2 rib roast on Friday .....  

Bought my first rob of beef following this lol     Nice dry aged cut from the butcher! Hope I can do same as above!!

Bloody lovely it was! A little bit of a fatty cut IMO I normally go for leaner meats.   Try to stay fit and trim so not sure if it's something I'd have regularly just because of that. Deffo be havi

Bought my first rob of beef following this lol 6F535776-8ECB-423D-A090-F37551084D9C_zps

Just slightly under 1.5kg (bone in) was approx £20! Not sure if it's good or bad! I also had just over 700g or dry aged rump for £13 approx. (Was £33.50 for both lots)

I've got a butcher I know down Bristol fruit market does me 5KG chicken breast for £20 and loads of cheap steak and pork steaks but the quality of the steak ain't the same to the good stuff I've had in some places.

Guess it depends if you want cheap protein or whether you want to pay extra and go for quality. A lot of people these days want the biggest most massive meal they can for as cheap as possible! People rant about those all you can eat for £10 type places but I think they're total crap. Junk food for idiots who just want to stuff their faces.

I couldn't agree more Lloyd I much prefer quality to quantity nowadays. ...some cracking looking beef there :thumbs: I'm hungry now :yes:

Edit to add its the fat on the quality beef that makes all the difference ...sweet a buttery mmmmmm and a inch+ thick quality rump is my favourite steak by far :thumbs:

Edited by kanny
  • Like 2

Tottaly agree with you.

I was caught out 1 day in the market by that butcher with a microphone on his head.the twat tucked me right up.

This bag for £10 and this for that much.he wouldnt shut up.

I spent £20 i might aswell of thrown the £20 out the car window.

Meat was terrible.the dogs didnt mind it though.

I used to work down there mate doing the accident claims lol!

Most the people down there are a bit rough but old funny folk! I don't think they're the sort to buy posh meat they probably be happy with £10 worth of steak that can feed a family of 10 But it ain't for me!

I don't really drink nor smoke so rather spend bit more on nice grub! Just had the steaks cor talk about flavour!

F6AEB5CA-1CD5-4E3F-B7D4-7111F897F8ED_zps

781081BB-106E-4247-AB60-99D267203ED3_zps

That steak is perfectly cooked. Melt in the mouth gorgeous. :thumbs:

TC

• Like 2

4610D3C4-0FD0-428E-9B95-D69B9ED5CD52_zps

FAE8F8B0-AD6E-45D8-8E14-59E049449FEB_zps

00C96B4F-297D-4922-B794-2E9305987F61_zps

Bloody lovely it was! A little bit of a fatty cut IMO I normally go for leaner meats.

Try to stay fit and trim so not sure if it's something I'd have regularly just because of that. Deffo be having some more of those rumps though :)

• Like 5

4610D3C4-0FD0-428E-9B95-D69B9ED5CD52_zpsFAE8F8B0-AD6E-45D8-8E14-59E049449FEB_zps00C96B4F-297D-4922-B794-2E9305987F61_zps

Bloody lovely it was! A little bit of a fatty cut IMO I normally go for leaner meats.

Try to stay fit and trim so not sure if it's something I'd have regularly just because of that. Deffo be having some more of those rumps though :)

It's not the fat you can see that you need to worry about but the fat you can't ... looks delicious :thumbs:

just had a aldi ribeye,very good bit of meat too.the market butcher near me says he sells the steak fat trim offs for makeup,for better money than selling the rimp....find that bulls...t

Some of their dry aged stuff is top notch :)

just had a aldi ribeye,very good bit of meat too.the market butcher near me says he sells the steak fat trim offs for makeup,for better money than selling the rimp....find that bulls...t

Probably because on the meat he pays £3.50kg sells it for £4kg. The fat is waste so if he sells that for 10p /kg he's on profit