Plantar Fasciitis

Feet archs are hurting after walking the dogs.

Left foot has a swollen lump raised about the size of 3 50p high and similar size.wake up feet ok after a walk feet are painfull all day.

Been reading online and think its the word above.

Anyone else suffer from painfull arches.

And how do you fix.heal it.

Cheers king.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SORBOTHANE insoles King! I had Plantar Fascitis and put these in my rigger boots which I used to wear the most. Around £15-£20 worked for me mate. Go online and read the write ups. Hope you sort it ve

Or you could just ... man the fukc up .......

I had it last year mate, been out wi dogs and after our mooch, I could barely walk back to the car, im no hard man far from it, but I just kept on going simply because I love the things I do, eg being

Posted Images

I had it last year mate, been out wi dogs and after our mooch, I could barely walk back to the car, im no hard man far from it, but I just kept on going simply because I love the things I do, eg being out with the dogs, worst thing in my book is giving in to aches n pains, keep going, no rest just keep going, I ail nowt now

• Like 2

Feet archs are hurting after walking the dogs.

Left foot has a swollen lump raised about the size of 3 50p high and similar size.wake up feet ok after a walk feet are painfull all day.

Been reading online and think its the word above.

Anyone else suffer from painfull arches.

And how do you fix.heal it.

Cheers king.

iv'e always suffered from aching feet similar to what you are experiencing, especially when i had cheap shoes with not much in the way of support, i went to my local chemist and there they have a machine you stand on, and it measures and works out your stance on where your heavest, at the end of it, it tells you what insoles you need, so i got the recommended ones, and they are brilliant, i fit them into the footwear i'm using, and i have had no more problems, plus i always buy a better shoe/trainer/boot than a cheap pairs now, you could give that ago....might help you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply lads.

I will try those insoles i think and see how i get on.

Im walking around the house after being out with the dogs.

In some pain.its bloody annoying.

My young lads taking the piss calling me old man lol.

My sister is a podiatrist/chiropodist....I'll ask her and get back to you !

She says that if you're not one for the doctor, medications and such, there are lots of things you can do for yourself......

She says...

Especially in the morning, GENTLY walk or stretch off any initial stiffness (ooh Matron !). You should try to 'walk softly' - come down on your foot gently, try to walk a bit slower and definitely no running or jogging !!

At the first sign of pain, REST ! Don't be a hero and try to work it off, you'll only make it worse. You can get memory foam or gel heel pads for your shoes, but make sure your shoes fit well - avoid wellies, riggers and other lose fitting footwear. You can also get neoprene support socks, but they need to fit properly, so it's best to see a professional for these. Your footwear should always be well fitting, but not too rigid, so soft soled trainers are better than work boots, if and when you can, as long as they support you arch.

When you're at home, don't be standing if you don't need to - a good excuse for sitting on your ar5e, if ever I heard one ! While you're sitting, gently roll a bottle of frozen water or a frozen golf ball under your foot, but make sure you keep it moving ! Use a foot stool to properly take the weight off your foot and rest the damaged muscle.

You can take anti-inflammatories (Ibuprofen etc), but for long term use, gels like Voltarol are better, as they're more direct and side effects are much reduced.

You can get night splints and various other things, but she says if you follow the above and it hasn't improved in a week or three, you should see your doctor or an appropriate professional.

Hope this helps, mate - good luck !

• Like 1

My sister is a podiatrist/chiropodist....I'll ask her and get back to you !

She says that if you're not one for the doctor, medications and such, there are lots of things you can do for yourself......

She says...

Especially in the morning, GENTLY walk or stretch off any initial stiffness (ooh Matron !). You should try to 'walk softly' - come down on your foot gently, try to walk a bit slower and definitely no running or jogging !!

At the first sign of pain, REST ! Don't be a hero and try to work it off, you'll only make it worse. You can get memory foam or gel heel pads for your shoes, but make sure your shoes fit well - avoid wellies, riggers and other lose fitting footwear. You can also get neoprene support socks, but they need to fit properly, so it's best to see a professional for these. Your footwear should always be well fitting, but not too rigid, so soft soled trainers are better than work boots, if and when you can, as long as they support you arch.

When you're at home, don't be standing if you don't need to - a good excuse for sitting on your ar5e, if ever I heard one ! While you're sitting, gently roll a bottle of frozen water or a frozen golf ball under your foot, but make sure you keep it moving ! Use a foot stool to properly take the weight off your foot and rest the damaged muscle.

You can take anti-inflammatories (Ibuprofen etc), but for long term use, gels like Voltarol are better, as they're more direct and side effects are much reduced.

You can get night splints and various other things, but she says if you follow the above and it hasn't improved in a week or three, you should see your doctor or an appropriate professional.

Hope this helps, mate - good luck !

Thanks for the that info blackbriar and asking your sister for info.

Much appreciated mate.

The frozen bottle sounds a good idea for inflamation.

I will try that tommorow.