.22 Rifle.... What's The Best To Buy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best would be Anschütz 1417

Honestly, the best buy for a 22lr is a good used one.   Everything has chance to bed in & smooth out so the trigger will be nicer, bolt throw slicker and someone else will have paid for trigger

:yes:   2 of my club members have .22 BRNO, and we were playing at 100 yards last Sunday, these are simply field guns but they were still doing the business.   Its the old story ..... What's

Posted Images

CZ 452/455

:yes::yes: :yes:

2 of my club members have .22 BRNO, and we were playing at 100 yards last Sunday, these are simply field guns but they were still doing the business.

Its the old story ..... What's The Best To Buy ..... what's your definition of best?

In simple terms you will not hear many complaints about most .22LR, but CZ seem to have it pretty much nailed!

I have no issues with them, mine are working tools and have never let me down.

attachicon.gifxpost-20848-0-19988500-1428308772_jpg_pagespeed_ic_I1k6iIA4n9.jpg

Last is a Magtech Semi (it comes out now and again).

:thumbs:

The mans got some gear.

I have a CZ 511 semi auto,its mint and prior to me buying it had only been shot at a target club, the thing staggers me as to how accurate it is with Eley subs, I had an Anschutz 1417 bolt action with match trigger and barrel, and hand on heart this CZ is every bit as accurate, and people slag semi autos off saying they are not as accurate as a bolt action, well this one, I would put against any bolt action field rifle anyday.

I have a CZ 511 semi auto,its mint and prior to me buying it had only been shot at a target club, the thing staggers me as to how accurate it is with Eley subs, I had an Anschutz 1417 bolt action with match trigger and barrel, and hand on heart this CZ is every bit as accurate, and people slag semi autos off saying they are not as accurate as a bolt action, well this one, I would put against any bolt action field rifle anyday.

How far are you taking it on the targets though?

My old semi auto was every bit as accurate at 25yds at the club off the bench and out in the field it was fine to 50 or 60 ish but after that it started opening up too much.

In comparison my bolt action was still putting in acceptable groups at 100 yards.

I dont shoot targets with it mate, it had only been used at a club by the previous owner, well lets put it like this, I have head shot rabbits out to around 90-100 yards with it, you can ask no more of a rimfire than that, seriously, it does astound me how accurate it is, I am not really into pushing the rimfire envelope like some, and trying to shoot rabbits at 150 yards, I dont need to, if I want to shoot seriously long range rabbits,(which I dont) I will take the .243 and shoot them at several hundred yards, to me a .22 rimmy is a hundred yard maximum bunny gun, my 511 fills that criteria superbly, maybe I just have a really good one,dont know, dont care, pick one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any of them really. When people talk accuracy as someone else mentioned its not an issue for rabbiting and fox because you should be shooting at sensible ranges, for me that's generally 15 to 60 yards on Fox and up to 100 on rabbits. I do shoot fox up to 100 with my .22 but it's a heart shot, little or no wind and a good gate to rest on. All 100yard shots for me personally require a rest. Over that and range and I'll get the .222 or better still a .243. My favourite gun for fox calling is my Savage 64 semi auto, most shots taken under 40 yards and with subs of HV hollow point it's quiet enough that you can shoot two or three foxes from the same pitch where as a centrefire will clear the pitch fast after the first shot.

Guns are like antiques buy what you like, within reason.

• Like 1

22's are much of a muchness. You would have to look hard for something crap. Rifles I've had/used: Rem 597. With later mags, great gun. Still miss mine. Cz511 very underated can be had for peanuts. Cz452. Had one with a 16" barrel, great little rifle for shooting out a truck window . Accuracy was top notch. Good value. Sako Finn fire. If you can find a good second hand example, snap it up. If I was on the skids and needed money this would be the last rifle to go, and I have a few.