Jobs How Hard

Where are all jobs i ve applied for 40/50 jobs and one come forward 8hrs week what good this to man with 4 kids n house to run and car insurance im based in york only done cleaning lol jobs hard to come by looks of things

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you got no qulaifications get yourself to college, if you're skint sign on and get it payed for. I'd rather my tax money went into funding a british lads education leading back into work than feedi

I am totally unemployable to a firm and have been most of my life, I have raised three kids put one through uni, bought a house own several vehicles and live a relatively comfy life, the answer is ju

When i was 17 i worked on a sewing machine. Surrounded by 20 women. Sewing knickers lol. I was sewing the elastic on around the twat area. Feck i had some shit from the women lol.

There's jobs out there. It if you got no qualification and no skills there ain't much demand sorry mate.

What can you do that someone else can't ?

very good point that, :thumbs:

Glad someone agrees, it ain't a dig at the OP but a genuine question. Some people don't get on well at school etc, but if you were an employer would you give a job you needed filling to someone who's got a load of qualification, proving they can count, read, write etc , or take a chance on someone who don't have any and hope they can do all those things ?

A lot of people complain they can't get a job but don't put much work in to get one.

Even if not qualified you can do small course, volunteer, learn skills that lead to work. I've volunteered loads of places, done unpaid internships and that and it's led to top experience and work paying £11-15 an hour , not bad for a student at the moment.

I didn't leave school with much cos wasn't interested at the time, more interested in rugby, beer and getting my leg over. Had to struggle doing an access course but hopefully next summer will be leaving uni with a degree and into a decent job. And I've worked flat out, on a few occasions having 2 jobs whilst studying full time. It ain't easy but it'll put me a step above other candidates for jobs that's for sure! Your never too old to go train or learn a skill!

• Like 2

There's jobs out there. It if you got no qualification and no skills there ain't much demand sorry mate.

What can you do that someone else can't ?

Destroy the English language?

Ai, would you employ someone who can't spell or string a sentence together properly to represent your business that you built from scratch , put your own money and hard work into ? I certainly wouldn't!

Depends on the job in question most of the unskilled physically demanding jobs paper qualifications don't mean that much.

Yer but unskilled labourers aren't exactly that hard to find cos anyone can do it.

If two odd apply for a job labouring, one can read and count well so you can tell him how many blocks to bring, which paint or materials to go buy etc he's gunna get employed over the lad who can't read or count etc.

That's an extreme example but valid.

Imagine two lads come for a job, one can labour, the other can labour, do a bit of brick work, plastering, painting and wiring to low level, who you going to employ ? The pads with the skills.

Depends on the job in question most of the unskilled physically demanding jobs paper qualifications don't mean that much.

Yer but unskilled labourers aren't exactly that hard to find cos anyone can do it.

If two odd apply for a job labouring, one can read and count well so you can tell him how many blocks to bring, which paint or materials to go buy etc he's gunna get employed over the lad who can't read or count etc.

Imagine two lads come for a job, one can labour, the other can labour, do a bit of brick work, plastering, painting and wiring to low level, who you going to employ ? The pads with the skills.

That's not always the case I have found in factory and warehouse work were those who can barely speak English being given priority over those who can speak English due in some cases due to the fact they turn up everyday for work.

• Like 1

That's not always the case I have found in factory and warehouse work were those who can barely speak English being given priority over those who can speak English due in some cases due to the fact they turn up everyday for work.

Exactly mate, I'd class that as a 'skill', high attendance is a quality attribute, when applying for the job and they look at your past, you can prove that with your school attendance.

I know it's not the be all and end all, just saying it's a way to evidence yourself as better than the other applicants!

Some of the smartest and most skills people I know have very little education and qualifications, they've got decent enough jobs but if they ever applied elsewhere unless the recruiter knows them personally they won't know just how good they are so anyone could get the job.

I found a lot of thoses with all theses qualifications that are in charge or come straight from uni lack common sense or don't have the on the job skills they have just been taught out of a book in a class room and have the paper to say they can do the job but finding someone that's reliable and will graft is getting harder especially if there English

• Like 3