Best Lamp

My blitz is 9 year old, blitz or striker and lithium battery, or if ye snobby a new enforcer haha

The new enforcers are w@nk I will stick to the old tried and tested
Why is it wank ?

mine had a border around the edge which made the beam too wide for me, the lamp might suit someone else but it was definitely not for me.

what do u mean a border

There's a vaggered edge around the beam which makes the beam spread too wide for me

Change the bulb to the old style my bulb put ptf tape on the threads of the lamp so you can adjust it right out ...job done ...there is no comparison to these and the led lamps ....I'm just back from a shine and the lad I was with had an led ....I put it in the middle of the field and shot it with the 222 and gave him my old 240 lamp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten yea

Reminds me of the old days when I would pinch a spotlight off the front of an old xr3i and sellotape a plant pot to the front lol

Striker if your on small medium fields blitz if on big open arable land New led lamps av piss poor pencil beams Old trusty lightforce will not let you down My opinion mate atb

Posted Images

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

For lads talk about glare reduction

Reminds me of the old days when I would pinch a spotlight off the front of an old xr3i and sellotape a plant pot to the front lol
Did you smash the glass and fit a doorbell button aswell lol, lightforce could learn a thing or three about wiring from cluson, and the PLR 500 is a pleasure to use
3FD81663-D9B3-46DD-A934-A9BBC1450E5D_zps

?

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten year old I've changed the coiled lead once due to cutting original in half coser the lead was hanging out the boot other then that no issue at all. Not looking to punt a sales pitch by any means I just don't like seen lads waste there money and again In my opinion them led lamps are poor for a lamper that does a bit . Ok if your out an hour or 2 a week I suppose.

Not sure where I implied that they are poor lamps. You said you don't trust the quality because they are cheap. So I responded that they are cheap enough to carry a spare.

The gamekeeper 120 is plenty of lamp for anyone and not just rabbits. The one issue is the battery life. But I always carry either the DL100 or DL150 in my bag as backup.

I will probably get another 120 this winter and then when one dies just swap lamps. They are small enough and lightweight enough.

I think this thread proves that there is no "best lamp". We all want different things from a lamp.

Buy the new lightforce enforcer and you'll never need to carry a spare and won't have to replace it mate

My blitz is 9 year old, blitz or striker and lithium battery, or if ye snobby a new enforcer haha

The new enforcers are w@nk I will stick to the old tried and tested
Why is it wank ?

mine had a border around the edge which made the beam too wide for me, the lamp might suit someone else but it was definitely not for me.

what do u mean a border
There's a vaggered edge around the beam which makes the beam spread too wide for me
Change the bulb to the old style my bulb put ptf tape on the threads of the lamp so you can adjust it right out ...job done ...there is no comparison to these and the led lamps ....I'm just back from a shine and the lad I was with had an led ....I put it in the middle of the field and shot it with the 222 and gave him my old 240 lamp

I agree with the LED bit not comparing. I haven't found a lamp which I prefer to my old striker 170. When I'm out on a proper nights lamping I take the 170 when I'm going local for a few runs I take the 120 LED just because it lasts long enough for the local fields and is light weight.

Striker and lithium,

Think the plr 500 is a great little lamp,

Was talking to a mate on roadside the other week and as he pulled away I noticed his tripod lamp on the back seat, feck me it must be ancient and still in use.

Striker and lithium,

Was talking to a mate on roadside the other week and as he pulled away I noticed his tripod lamp on the back seat, feck me it must be ancient and still in use.

Aye them old tripod lamps lol, I still got one that I found stuffed under a hedge one time. It must av come on top and they stashed it. Switch was knackered so had a doorbell taped to it for a switch lol the old days. I also still got my old colemans 800,000 and the 400,0000 happy days Atb the hoff

• Like 1

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten year old I've changed the coiled lead once due to cutting original in half coser the lead was hanging out the boot other then that no issue at all. Not looking to punt a sales pitch by any means I just don't like seen lads waste there money and again In my opinion them led lamps are poor for a lamper that does a bit . Ok if your out an hour or 2 a week I suppose.

Not sure where I implied that they are poor lamps. You said you don't trust the quality because they are cheap. So I responded that they are cheap enough to carry a spare.

The gamekeeper 120 is plenty of lamp for anyone and not just rabbits. The one issue is the battery life. But I always carry either the DL100 or DL150 in my bag as backup.

I will probably get another 120 this winter and then when one dies just swap lamps. They are small enough and lightweight enough.

I think this thread proves that there is no "best lamp". We all want different things from a lamp.

The fact you talk about carrying 2 says it all mush il say no more on here atb an enjoy em wile the last Edited by cold pint

Striker and lithium,

Aye them old tripod lamps lol, I still got one that I found stuffed under a hedge one time. It must av come on top and they stashed it. Switch was knackered so had a doorbell taped to it for a switch lol the old days. I also still got my old colemans 800,000 and the 400,0000 happy days Atb the hoff

would love to know what the tally is with it.
  • Like 1

I've used a plr500 for 5 hours and not run out ,although it wouldn't have got much longer ,I suppose if you have the lamp on all the time you would get less.

Never had any problems with quality, never let me down.

I don't think there's a perfect lamp for anyone , for instance I'd never have a 240 I think they are cumbersome ,but for some they are the dogs bollocks ,

Find them awkward if driving and trying to lamp .

Took everything with the 150 ,from rabbits upwards..

So have a look at every lamp you can because not all lamps suit everyone.

Remember ....if you buy at distance ,it's your statutory right to send back if you aren't happy and can have a refund. So if unsure try a few ,and send back what you don't like.

The fact you talk about carrying 2 says it all mush il say no more on here atb an enjoy em wile the last

?????

Buy the new lightforce enforcer and you'll never need to carry a spare and won't have to replace it mate

Just done a quick search and they are £150 plus £140 for the battery?

Which one are you using? Can you get them in variable?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

For lads talk about glare reduction

Did you smash the glass and fit a doorbell button aswell lol, lightforce could learn a thing or three about wiring from cluson, and the PLR 500 is a pleasure to use
3FD81663-D9B3-46DD-A934-A9BBC1450E5D_zps

?

u r wrong mate I have one Ov these an it already back at the shop faulty wiring where it goes in to the back ov lamp ??

Just done a quick search and they are £150 plus £140 for the battery?

Which one are you using? Can you get them in variable?

Look at the 240 blitz topic mate
  • Like 1