Smashed Wrist :(

Whippet was out lamping at weekend, chased game into some woods returnd limping.

Rested him for 3 days but the wrist still swollen. Arranged a visit to bone man robert meek.first thing he said was a bad injury, broke dew claw, fracture wrist and tendon damage :(

2 month just let out to toilet no walks, looks like 4 months minium on lead.

Will go and see robert in 2 months to check on the healing

He said if all goes right the dog will run again but just lose some flexabilty in the joint.

Gutteds a understatmant the littel dog was just finding his feet and punching well above his weight.

Any advice on lotions and potions and treatmant to help healing

I'd get a proper vets advice too be honest pal Robert can't see inside and is only partially guessing by touch go too a vet get it looked at properly

deff, :thumbs: when the wrist damaged it could be the end of your dog,so deff go to good vet and prob go proper examination / xray

Well i thought i listen too the advice you lads gave on here and put my hand in my pocket for a x ray.

Just had vet ring me, good news and bad news.Bad news fracture the good is its his dew claw, not the wrist.

What treatment did the vet give ?, or what was his advice regarding treatment/rest ?

• Like 1

Hi j.w.

Lost my own whippet during the summer because of something similar. Was out giving him a run in the evening and he got his leg slashed right on his wrist. Cut all the nerves and tendons right through. Couldn't be fixed as it would never fully heal and he would never run again.

Hope yours makes a full recovery.

Atb j.