Celtic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lucky enough I managed to grab the 3 C/L game package at Parkhead through a friend of mine. And what can I say about my team last night against City.........amazing! After a terrible defeat to Bar

Wow ,great performance by Celtic ,and there are few grounds in the world that can match that atmosphere .

I thought city would of beaten you by a couple of goals but it sounded like you played very well against a team that lke you said is flying and the atmosphere is always electric on nights like that at

Posted Images

No offense cat but the money in the prem compared to the SPL is miles apart so maybe with Celtic they could complete if they had EPL cash and I'm sure a few teams this season would of took a score draw against city

Yes but you cant judge success in sport on would,could and should we live in the here and now all teams raise their game when they play the big clubs its not Englands fault that Scottish clubs cant compete financially..... Leyton Orient or Yeovil could compete in the Epl with Man Citys budget not just Celtic its a cop out if you ask me.

It's not a cop out. The fact that Celtic have a massive fan base, great history, great training facilities, would be a massive draw over clubs like Yeovil town etc......so when we hit the EPL they are going to attract the money men and that's when we compete.

Christ we have no money now compared to you lot and we still got a draw. The 12th man the fans helping along the way.

Lab you's can still attract decent players as it's almost Guarrenteed they will get Champions League football.

If you were allowed into the English Leagues

What division would you deem fair and acceptable to come in at ?

Quite simply mate you can not attract the best when you can't afford to pay them. That's why we have to get what some would say second rate EPL players or players coming to the ends of there careers.

As for where we would start that's a very difficult question. Obviously going in at the top would not be fair so probably we would have to start at the bottom. I'm pretty certain though we would fly through the divisions and once we hit the 1st division(or whatever you like to call it.?) we would have the money to seriously strengthen our squad. To be fair we already have a money man on Desmond. Be silly for him to just throw it all away up here though. Down south he could spend with the chance of getting a return...??

Like I say I'd like to see all the Scottish teams merge into the English Leagues at varying levels .

Maybe use it as a carrot to the Voteing Scottish public :)

One last vote to never happen again for 100 years minimum re staying part of UK or getting out

Stay and we have British leagues

Vote Independance and you's are on your own re football :)

It's a very complex situation mate.

As fir independence I will not be voting again for it.

How could we have all the Scottish teams in the English leagues if Scots voted to go it alone.

Get that sorted first and it might be a goer in future ?

I didn't realise you were so involved mate...??

I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

Brendan reckons celtic would be a top 6 club in the EPL but let's not forget thay are in jockland we are in England so it will nether happen. one good result does not make a good team end of you are good in bad league.I mean a good score draw?

cat . Have a look at celtics last 4 european results against these so called superior english sides lmao
Man City......draw. Arsenal lost home and away and Man Utd lost at Old Trafford and a draw at home. 3 points from 15 doesn't sound so good imo.
thats 3 not 4 . So try 6 man u beaten liverpool beaten blackburn beaten

No offense cat but the money in the prem compared to the SPL is miles apart so maybe with Celtic they could complete if they had EPL cash and I'm sure a few teams this season would of took a score draw against city

Yes but you cant judge success in sport on would,could and should we live in the here and now all teams raise their game when they play the big clubs its not Englands fault that Scottish clubs cant compete financially..... Leyton Orient or Yeovil could compete in the Epl with Man Citys budget not just Celtic its a cop out if you ask me.
hi nash . How you keeping pal . Now , would you say same about boxing ?????? Champion has everyone after his belt .
  • Like 1

I'm hoping my wee message to JB pops up soon. I can't put pictures up.

It will show Celtics home record in CL of late.

I'll not even be arguing with anyone who says it not brilliant..??

hi nash . How you keeping pal . Now , would you say same about boxing ?????? Champion has everyone after his belt .

f***ing hell pal I was going to write this earlier....you've hit the nail on the head..??

It's not a cop out. The fact that Celtic have a massive fan base, great history, great training facilities, would be a massive draw over clubs like Yeovil town etc......so when we hit the EPL they are going to attract the money men and that's when we compete.

Christ we have no money now compared to you lot and we still got a draw. The 12th man the fans helping along the way.

Yet for all this unbelievable fan base and incredible history yous cant produce a footballer worth a carrot ?.............dont get me wrong i used to admire the Jocks as a footballing nation like most English lads secretly did when they were sending down world class players to compete at a higher level yes you had fair grounds to talk about it then.......but surely now to come down to England with no Scottish footballers banking purely on financies to raise your game it would make yous no different to Man City or Chelsea except youd be doing it in the country you despise would that not be the ultimate humiliation for a Scottish football fan ?

Edited by gnasher16

Hello Squire good thankyou yourself ?..........not really no........a British champion doesnt have Americans after his belt i mean i dont hear about French or German football clubs wanting to come into the Epl.....just the ropey two bob down and out league up the top there :D

Yet for all this unbelievable fan base and incredible history yous cant produce a footballer worth a carrot ?.............dont get me wrong i used to admire the Jocks as a footballing nation like most English lads secretly did when they were sending down world class players to compete at a higher level yes you had fair grounds to talk about it then.......but surely now to come down to England with no Scottish footballers banking purely on financies to raise your game it would make yous no different to Man City or Chelsea except youd be doing it in the country you despise would that not be the ultimate humiliation for a Scottish football fan ?

It would make us nothing like them. We have a very long and proud history. They don't.

I wouldn't say, even with all the money down there, your actually pumping out much home grown world class players either??

Be nice just to be on an even playing field and see what we could do then. Doubt that will happen though.