Pure Saluki

At least arcticgun admits that saluki lurchers make better hare dogs than pure salukis, something that desertbred seems unable to bring himself to say lol

Another one that cant read go read my previous posts. Two posts back I refer to Coursing bred dogs specifically for hares your abit like a Saluki full of wind. :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,   Cant run in smal

Ghostly Ease?, yea I see where you coming from with that phrase mate, when they flat out in pursuit they make it look so effortless, really graceful, a real pleasure to watch, kill or no kill, its the

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On

Posted Images

The conditions the land even hares are varying quality more importantly the dog runs the hare that gets up not the other dog. .Coursing dogs have been specifically bred for hare salukis havent. Get a top hare out on the black in Cambridge a good saluki will hold its own if the courser doesnt kill in 3 mins it will be hitting a wall . No one said a saluki is an out and out fox dog there again what is ? and would it hold its own on hare or deer.

Coursing dogs just like the Saluki have been bred to run and catch things, it just happens that the men who use them run the Hare.

The aim of the game is to catch the hare when all is said and done, it just goes to show how great these coursing bred dogs are to better the Saluki at running the h

Genuine coursing you only got 1 p0int for catching the hare your confusing coursing and matching but I will bow to your obvious superior knowledge of running dogs

Edited by desertbred

At least arcticgun admits that saluki lurchers make better hare dogs than pure salukis, something that desertbred seems unable to bring himself to say lol

Another one that cant read go read my previous posts. Two posts back I refer to Coursing bred dogs specifically for hares your abit like a Saluki full of wind. :laugh::thumbs:

So it's obvious the pures are lacking something to be top class hare dogs. Wouldn't the faster strains make the grade against the top coursing dogs over here?

so just to make sure can you just send a post saying saluki lurchers are better hare dogs than pure salukis

The conditions the land even hares are varying quality more importantly the dog runs the hare that gets up not the other dog. .Coursing dogs have been specifically bred for hare salukis havent. Get a top hare out on the black in Cambridge a good saluki will hold its own if the courser doesnt kill in 3 mins it will be hitting a wall . No one said a saluki is an out and out fox dog there again what is ? and would it hold its own on hare or deer.

Coursing dogs just like the Saluki have been bred to run and catch things, it just happens that the men who use them run the Hare.

The aim of the game is to catch the hare when all is said and done, it just goes to show how great these coursing bred dogs are to better the Saluki at running the h

Genuine coursing you only got 1 p0int for catching the hare your confusing coursing and matching but I will bow to your obvious superior knowledge of running dogs
I know what the rules of coursing are ya plank. I'm talking about real coursing, for Mr's. Obviously your knowledge is beyond all the greats of the coursing world. They've missed a trick with their mutts, the Saluki is obviously the dog for the job.... Edited by DogFox123

I have to agree with articgun, i love to see pures run, just for the fun of it. When i get one, in the future, even if it does not catch much, i would be happy, as i like the breed a lot. I got out the dog game 2 years ago. Don't think i will ever get back into it again big time and a pure saluki as a pet/small time worker would suit me just fine, to me they are robust, agile and real clever characters with amazing memory. :thumbs:

Edited by Saluki246
  • Like 2

so just to make sure can you just send a post saying saluki lurchers are better hare dogs than pure salukis

LURCHERS :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: GET REAL

• Like 1

LURCHERS :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: GET REAL

Does LONGDOG sound better for you?

I have to agree with articgun, i love to see pures run, just for the fun of it. When i get one, in the future, even if it does not catch much, i would be happy, as i like the breed a lot. I got out the dog game 2 years ago. Don't think i will ever get back into it again big time and a pure saluki as a pet/small time worker would suit me just fine, to me they are robust, agile and real clever characters with amazing memory. :thumbs:

I can't understand that logic. I'm going overboard here but would you enjoy watching a collie course a hare knowing full well it won't catch it?

Does LONGDOG sound better for you?

Ask long dog owners

6,000 years of dong what they were bred to do , what in your opinion are they lacking?

The ability to be a better hare dog than a coursing bred lurcher, is that correct?

in your opinion based on what and what is a lurcher ?

So you're saying that the Saluki is a better hare dog then? Not just my opinion now is it?

I can't understand that logic. I'm going overboard here but would you enjoy watching a collie course a hare knowing full well it won't catch it?

Have you got anything that will run a hare let alone catch it?

• Like 2