Pure Saluki

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,

Cant run in small fields , yea right :whistling:

not as fast as a lurcher, :whistling:

lack aggression :whistling:

one trick ponies :whistling:

wont come back :whistling:

stupid :whistling:

yet despite all the above statements and many others made in books on net over years the saluki still remains the oldest breed of lurcher out of them all, forget hancock plummer, THL, these dogs gave been providing man with food and sport for thousands of years, , unchanged unspoiled as there has been little need to change them, functionality is the beauty of the dog

fair does it might not come wagging its tail after you smashed it face in for missing a hare or rabbit and showing you up in front of your pals etc, but when was that a sign of being clever?

maybe its clever enough to know its owners limitations, better than they do?

if they so shit how come 100% of all coursing dogs have a massive dollop of pure blood running right thrugh em, prior to saluki's hare coursing was just that , running after hares, not much good if you want to eat but fun though

Could it not be that most lads who buy one would in reality be better off buying a coursing dog instead?

could it not be that all the ones that 'fail' where owned by the sort of muppets that fail most types of dogs they have in their care?

A lurcher is generally a blank canvas when you get it, a lot is down to what you put into it, selling at one year of age tells its own story imho was rome built in a day?

yea I think there more poor dog men that poor saluki's :thumbs:

ill put land on Jan Ritch on some good fen land show me a gooden
You talk a good one Mr Powers ,wheel out what youve got in any month and we will see what youve got worth feeding.You talk a lot .probably piss and wind like you namesake.out on the land is the test not bollocks on a computer
im being serious mate how many hares were killed in saluki comps on decent land how many u kill that morning I met u in car park with Ritch
Told you get out with your hounds lets see you walk the walk. Adog is only as good as the next time it runs.
sorry need a answer

Your answers there ! either put up or shut up simple isnt it.

why not just answer the mans question lol how many did you kill lol

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,   Cant run in smal

Ghostly Ease?, yea I see where you coming from with that phrase mate, when they flat out in pursuit they make it look so effortless, really graceful, a real pleasure to watch, kill or no kill, its the

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On

Posted Images

I've only ever bought one Saluki, I took the collar and lead, then give the dog back to the man :laugh:

The only thing I see what good a pure Saluki is good for is putting wind into a breed, what will a pure do that a grey x bull x sal won't do? Or a grey x collie x sal?

But then again if we had a desert in the middle of Yorkshire one might be handy.

There is easier dogs out there to train and run that will do more than the pure Saluki can.

Another expert who failed with one saluki so their shit LOL bull x must be your line LOL

Wind ya neck in db lol, I am no expert whatsoever, never owned a saluki but know plenty who have, and as for bull x I've only ever owned one, thats the one I have now and she only has 1/8 th in her, think before you assume eh! so seeing as you rate salukis, tell me what can they do better than a regular lurcher? they won't do rabbits as good, never seen them in the past catch hares as quick as a 3/4 bred grey, I will stand by what I said they good for one thing, breeding wind into running dogs

When you know anything about salukis and their capabilities then we can discuss you say they are shit prove it your the one making the claims.

You have a saluki bitch that won a comp killing 1 hare in final you ran a good lurcher last year in a match loosing 2 0 there's your answer

At least I have won something what have you won ? you talk a lot clown now as said put up or shut up have you got anything to run besides your mouth ?

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

I've only ever bought one Saluki, I took the collar and lead, then give the dog back to the man :laugh:

The only thing I see what good a pure Saluki is good for is putting wind into a breed, what will a pure do that a grey x bull x sal won't do? Or a grey x collie x sal?

But then again if we had a desert in the middle of Yorkshire one might be handy.

There is easier dogs out there to train and run that will do more than the pure Saluki can.

Another expert who failed with one saluki so their shit LOL bull x must be your line LOL

Wind ya neck in db lol, I am no expert whatsoever, never owned a saluki but know plenty who have, and as for bull x I've only ever owned one, thats the one I have now and she only has 1/8 th in her, think before you assume eh! so seeing as you rate salukis, tell me what can they do better than a regular lurcher? they won't do rabbits as good, never seen them in the past catch hares as quick as a 3/4 bred grey, I will stand by what I said they good for one thing, breeding wind into running dogs

When you know anything about salukis and their capabilities then we can discuss you say they are shit prove it your the one making the claims.

There you go again, show me were I said salukis are shit???? I will wait for you to show me, but I can guarantee 1 thing, bring your pure bred down I won't call it shit, but I bet I can make it look shit against a running dog without saluki in it lol. Good wind and feet thats what they good for breeding into runners for

There you go again, show me were I said salukis are shit???? I will wait for you to show me, but I can guarantee 1 thing, bring your pure bred down I won't call it shit, but I bet I can make it look shit against a running dog without saluki in it lol. Good wind and feet thats what they good for breeding into runners for

I pick the quarry and the land ?

Also the claims I make are over 30 years of owning lurchers, as an out and out working dog a pure saluki will not hold a candle to a good lurcher running game in this country, and apart from being an argumentative fcuker lol with tunnel vision of salukis you know this ;)

• Like 3

Also the claims I make are over 30 years of owning lurchers, as an out and out working dog a pure saluki will not hold a candle to a good lurcher running game in this country, and apart from being an argumentative fcuker lol with tunnel vision of salukis you know this

You side stepped me picking the land and quarry LOL thirty years is that supposed to impress me? a sfor salukis yes its my preferred breed if I am kennel blind then thats my choice.

All jokes aside DB, we can all argue black and blue on here and sound like teenage cnuts, if ever you get over the coast way bring the dog and we can have a run with dogs, or go for a shot………..but I would like to see a pure Saluki run against my 5/8 grey 1/4 deer 1/8 bull no malice just a look out with the dogs and a bit of craic, and like all lads who come here the wife will ensure you get a meal also………your call

Also the claims I make are over 30 years of owning lurchers, as an out and out working dog a pure saluki will not hold a candle to a good lurcher running game in this country, and apart from being an argumentative fcuker lol with tunnel vision of salukis you know this

You side stepped me picking the land and quarry LOL thirty years is that supposed to impress me? a sfor salukis yes its my preferred breed if I am kennel blind then thats my choice.

I never side stepped you lol I was making a coffee lol

All jokes aside DB, we can all argue black and blue on here and sound like teenage cnuts, if ever you get over the coast way bring the dog and we can have a run with dogs, or go for a shot………..but I would like to see a pure Saluki run against my 5/8 grey 1/4 deer 1/8 bull no malice just a look out with the dogs and a bit of craic, and like all lads who come here the wife will ensure you get a meal also………your call

I am always up for a walk out mate I like to see any working dog work from terrier to coursers just always had salukis myself born and bred.with them when season is going well sort a day :thumbs: computer is just the craig to me :laugh:

I am always up for a walk out mate I like to see any working dog work from terrier to coursers just always had salukis myself born and bred.with them when season is going well sort a day :thumbs: computer is just the craig to me :laugh:

good, lets get winter in then come over, you can have a stalk or a run……….hope you like beans on toast the wife can't cook for shit, a few lads have been here off this site and can vouch for me…….. lamper 21 jeppi or mickmac bootsha feel free to ask ………….

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,

Cant run in small fields , yea right :whistling:

not as fast as a lurcher, :whistling:

lack aggression :whistling:

one trick ponies :whistling:

wont come back :whistling:

stupid :whistling:

yet despite all the above statements and many others made in books on net over years the saluki still remains the oldest breed of lurcher out of them all, forget hancock plummer, THL, these dogs gave been providing man with food and sport for thousands of years, , unchanged unspoiled as there has been little need to change them, functionality is the beauty of the dog

fair does it might not come wagging its tail after you smashed it face in for missing a hare or rabbit and showing you up in front of your pals etc, but when was that a sign of being clever?

maybe its clever enough to know its owners limitations, better than they do?

if they so shit how come 100% of all coursing dogs have a massive dollop of pure blood running right thrugh em, prior to saluki's hare coursing was just that , running after hares, not much good if you want to eat but fun though

Could it not be that most lads who buy one would in reality be better off buying a coursing dog instead?

could it not be that all the ones that 'fail' where owned by the sort of muppets that fail most types of dogs they have in their care?

A lurcher is generally a blank canvas when you get it, a lot is down to what you put into it, selling at one year of age tells its own story imho was rome built in a day?

yea I think there more poor dog men that poor saluki's :thumbs:

ill put land on Jan Ritch on some good fen land show me a gooden

:laugh::laugh: Mr Powers me owld pal :boogy: this hot weather not doing you any favours, Mr I'm going to be nice from now on :whistling:

the fishing section few sections down from here :victory:

you know I will come down, no chew, Ive nowt too hide but you know that :thumbs: , hopefully the dog will have a good day :victory: well thats if we actually get a winter :hmm:

• Like 2