Pure Saluki

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,   Cant run in smal

Ghostly Ease?, yea I see where you coming from with that phrase mate, when they flat out in pursuit they make it look so effortless, really graceful, a real pleasure to watch, kill or no kill, its the

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On

Posted Images

Can we agree in your estimation :whistling:

Gone quiet on the origin of dogs part now....

No I have not the 10 oldest domesticated dog breeds known to man dont include any European breeds but guess what the Saluki is amongst them. dna strand differs from that of the wolf so Europe if your claims are right the middle and far east dogs are different species to European dogs. LOL

Edited by desertbred

Gone quiet on the origin of dogs part now....

No I have not the 10 oldest domesticated dog breeds known to man dont include any European breeds but guess what the Saluki is amongst them. dna strand differs from that of the wolf so Europe if your claims are right the middle and far east dogs are different species to European dogs. LOL
Where's your evidence??

So which dogs came from the European wolves and which dogs came from the Asian wolves???

Europe is the place where the oldest dogs have been found is it not?

Edited by DogFox123

Not just my estimation, from the estimation of all the top coursing lads. If there was better out there they would be using them.

They try but cant get access to to good stock :thumbs:

Come on then which strain are superior to our coursing dogs?

The coursing lads are always after fresh saluki blood ask these top coursing lads your on about. Look up the 10 oldest breeds of domesticated dogs. where they originate from Africa Middle and Far East. As interesting as this is my carer said its past my bed time. LOL

Edited by desertbred

The coursing lads are always after fresh saluki blood ask these top coursing lads your on about. Look up the 10 oldest breeds of domesticated dogs. where they originate from Africa Middle and Far East. As interesting as this is my carer said its past my bed time. LOL

That they might be but we both know what the Saluki would be used for. At the end of the day we have definitely improved on the dogs that came from the desert.

Used too improve what was here for the desired job here is another way too put it, in its own home its fine, that's the great thing a about dogs we can mix and match too strive too improve, a good un is a good un at the end of the day regardless of what label is fixed on it

• Like 1

The Arabs are coming over here now to buy lurchers to improve there stock

Goes in circles don't it mate ? Everybody looking for that extra edge, a lot down too hard graft and determination no matter how well bred they come or what type,dollop of luck helps too, it's really something imho that the arabs come here too buy dogs credit too the old skool lads

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

Used too improve what was here for the desired job here is another way too put it, in its own home its fine, that's the great thing a about dogs we can mix and match too strive too improve, a good un is a good un at the end of the day regardless of what label is fixed on it

I have little doubt that if our best dogmen went over to the Middle East and began a breeding plan the Arabs would all be going to them for their dogs.

if success came that easy the arabs would do just that, money no real object to some of them, just like its not here, but then again them with most money don't always have the best dog, and those that lucky enough too have great dogs regardless of money always worry theres something better around the corner, at the end of the day its all about getting out and doing your best and hoping the dog does the same

there are people who love whippets deerhounds greyhounds and salukis(and long may this continue) all have been used to hunt the brown hare all have coursed under rules all have been crossed with one another in our attempt to get a better dog for running and catching hares single handed, but the fact is the mixing of saluki and greyhound blood is the best way of going about it. and then bread best to best there is no argument the facts are in front of us. all the arguing in the world wont change facts. the modern line bred coursing dog refined in England cannot be bettered for coursing and catching brown hares consistently in this country.

• Like 5