New Kennels

good wee set up you have sorted yourself there... just one suggestion to you and don't mean to sound like you haven't done a great job already, would be to put a galvanized 2 mil 8 x 4 sheeting along your back boards/fencing.... I know your fencings already treated but the galvanized will keep the smell of pish up against your boarding as you can scrub the galvaised with a yard brush, prevent terriers if bored chewing on the boards and considering youll be scrubbing it out and hosing it down once a day it will prevent the last 4-5 bottom boards from rotting over the next few years....I see you have kept the bottom board up 20 or so mil probably for soakage but from floor to 4ft up is better and you you will have a maintenance free set up for life.... none the less good job.

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been busy building a new block of 4 terrier runs,had old timber ones that served me well for a good 15 yrs or more.waiting on some 30 litre barrels for kennels that will be fixed up off the floor

anyone know the feeling?lol atb dc

Most materials borrowed off site, the rest was from the old kennel. Total cost ...£O.oo. And two days graft.

Posted Images

good wee set up you have sorted yourself there... just one suggestion to you and don't mean to sound like you haven't done a great job already, would be to put a galvanized 2 mil 8 x 4 sheeting along your back boards/fencing.... I know your fencings already treated but the galvanized will keep the smell of pish up against your boarding as you can scrub the galvaised with a yard brush, prevent terriers if bored chewing on the boards and considering youll be scrubbing it out and hosing it down once a day it will prevent the last 4-5 bottom boards from rotting over the next few years....I see you have kept the bottom board up 20 or so mil probably for soakage but from floor to 4ft up is better and you you will have a maintenance free set up for life.... none the less good job.

I have a few more tweaks-I was thinking of the non-slip flooring with an upstand like you get in hostpitals/Boots stores etc-I used to do shopfitting and can get it free as my mates a floorlayer.cheers for your imput ;).atb dc

At less than a tenner a piece they alot cheaper than knocking timber ones up every 2/3 years.filled them with shavings and dogs were straight in em,they can turn around and should discourage any of the dirty fuckers pissing in them.undo the metal strap around the lid to change bedding .atb dc

Does anyone use these barrels for bigger dogs ie lurchers or are they not big enough

I have done,been several threads on it,done same as daniel but with no platform on top,

I filled mine with straw.

There's different size barrels mind, I had the ones that were about 4 ft long, an as said most dogs curl up when they go to sleep.