What Would You Do?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you thought the parents were good enough to breed from why would a colour bother you ? Half the reason terrier work has gone tits upwards is people breeding for colour or stamp, work is the reason

There's no such mythical animal as a "pure Patterdale " , they've got border, bull and Black and tan in the mix. They're a relatively new type, show me any pictures of a family of "pure Patterdale "

Rippem the reason we all say it's a throw back is because we all know there's no such thing as a pure Patterdale. You're getting obsessed with a piece of paper and a colour. The line of terriers I ke

Posted Images

Yes Uru called me and we talked. We're good.like I told him I just wanted to know what would you? Meaning everyone on this board. I kept saying the pup is coming on and I'm keeping her dispute color.it wasn't about that it was about what would you do? Uru thanks for calling I know calling you were your from would be hit or miss..thanks and peace.

• Like 2

i know if i bred my patts which ive line bred for 20 years now there would be no whites and no tans,if you bred a white and a tan you would question the stock of the dogs as you breed patts you get patts, if you get whites and tan you dont have pure patts

As the nearest thing to a Patterdale terrier is a Black and Tan Lakey,the ribbon chasers had more to do with Black terriers being called Patterdale than any working kennel,id be happy for the odd Black and tan to show up.Even some of the Middleton breeding still surfaces with a white bodied pup.

• Like 1

I hope I'm wrong but at some stage the so called Patterdale terrier probably will get K.C. recognition.

There's lads still alive today who've had their lines 30 or 40 years and some day they'll be told that their tall or short or cobby rough coated undershot white footed terriers are NOT Patterdales.

But on the plus side there'll be a fortune to be had, LMAO.

• Like 1

What's new . the be people who not had them long or dont care about true history or origin saying same or different anyway. The put colour or appearance in for one. Then money and fame. Then ruin the breed , crossing them with all sorts . and selling on

I hope I'm wrong but at some stage the so called Patterdale terrier probably will get K.C. recognition.

There's lads still alive today who've had their lines 30 or 40 years and some day they'll be told that their tall or short or cobby rough coated undershot white footed terriers are NOT Patterdales.

But on the plus side there'll be a fortune to be had, LMAO.

Does anyone care, as long as they are still used as workers does it really matter? What's in a name anyway?

True DodFox.Let's not forget that the greyhounds that can still run and the beagles and foxhounds that can still hunt aren't KC reg. Of course it would still be a bad move for the Patterdale types but I think that the perception of hunting by the man in the street and the media that controls what they think is a far greater threat.