Led Lamps...

Alright lads, Tommy27 has just been and picked me up to take these lamps for a shine over the football field.

I've done a video. It's just loading to YouTube now so will probably be about 15 minutes.

I was using my iPhone and the lamps go further than the phone. We could see the trees at the other end of the field quite easily with all 3 lamps by eye but these aren't picked up with the phone. It was slightly better with the flash on the phone for some reason but still wasn't brilliant.

But with regards to brightness and spread on the beam you can get an idea of how they compare.

Me and Tommmy discussed it and reckon you could see a minimum of 400m with the 150 and 120 but the DL100 lost its useable light at about 300m due to the spread. Conversely the 150 was so tight it would probably be unusable beyond 400m.

The 120 is the best of the lot (and will be my lamp of choice this winter) if you can live with the 1 hour battery life. But as said in other threads I'm toying with fitting a larger battery to mine.

I've not seen the 170 that roybo has got, but if that's brighter and similar spread to the 120 it would be an impressive lamp for the lads who aren't bothered about going cordless.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Gaz

• Like 2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funnily enough this lamp question has been going on since lamping began. If you have the right land a good dog and field craft it does not matter what lamp you have. Some of my best nights have been w

Well I tried my new tracer 210 out last night against the plr 500 and it absoloutley pissed on it for spotting distance and much much brighter beam.I've noticed if its not pitch black the led beam st

Don't like counting them but will let you know the weight lol

Yeh I like the cordless idea myself mate.

Can you put a pic up of your own 120 next to the other two you have for a size comparison, also is there a red filter with itlike others ??? cheers

I will get you a pic mate no probs. I aren't sure about red filters. You would have to ask D. Lloyd.

In my experience with the LEDs they don't respond to red filters as well as the halogens do. You lose a lot of the power.

The 120 there looks spot on gotta be honest. Looked perfect next to the 150, bit brighter too?

Nice one gaz

Yep the 120 is brighter than the 150 mate definitely.

The video doesn't do any of the lamps justice with regards to distance. But you can see the spread of the beams and the brightness on the video.

Yeh I like the cordless idea myself mate.

Can you put a pic up of your own 120 next to the other two you have for a size comparison, also is there a red filter with itlike others ??? cheers

I will get you a pic mate no probs. I aren't sure about red filters. You would have to ask D. Lloyd.

In my experience with the LEDs they don't respond to red filters as well as the halogens do. You lose a lot of the power.

Cheers fella atb