Who Runs There Own Boarding Kennels

The house stands in a acre or just over of land there's a row or terraced houses next door one of them has kennels and breeds Labradors. There a railway line on one side of my garden and an industrial estate at the top so there's always noise

expensive to start, drains into tanks, tanks to collect your wash out water, septic tanks for shit sound proof kennels, fire regulations are tight certain materials must be used in the build,staff required for every five dogs,insurances for the kennels the animals the staff, the public,heating for kennels as the min is 50 c,thats just a little bit of whats required for new kennels.

expensive to start, drains into tanks, tanks to collect your wash out water, septic tanks for shit sound proof kennels, fire regulations are tight certain materials must be used in the build,staff required for every five dogs,insurances for the kennels the animals the staff, the public,heating for kennels as the min is 50 c,thats just a little bit of whats required for new kennels.

Then you've gotta have a guaranteed 15 dogs a day to make it worthwhile.

I've toyed with it myself. Got the land, buildings and parking but there was a lot involved. The regulations make it a pain in the arse.

ive got a mate who is going to start some in the new year. hes brought a load of kennels from another boarding home that has closed down so everything is upto regs he just needs to put them up and put the apropiate concrete pad down. from what i can gatther he reckons it straight forward enough to get up and running.

It don't matter what business you start, nothing's plain sailing. A bit of hard work and you can do anything if you want it enough. Just go for it I say. Good luck

Most people can make something work a bit (hence all the wankers running shite restaurants and other businesses people "have a go" at) the trick is to get it working well.

You gotta ask yourself for the amount of work involved etc is it worth the return ?

If your gunna work ya balls off and do everything mint but your never gunna make much money, you gotta ask yourself if you don't mind just ticking along, or if it ain't worth the effort!

Hi
I have managed a boarding kennels and cattery for 24yrs. Its not easy and the rules and regs have changed incredibly over the years. Any new build will have to meet new specs. Not only that, people do not want the noise near by, you will have to go through the environmental health etc and they are the people that issue a lisence and tell you what they will and wont accept.

15 dogs wont make you much!! You need to be running at around 30 dogs per day for it to make a reasonable living, a second income would be different of course. You then need to be aware that the place cannot be left unattended. You will need somebody there 24/7. Boarding is very seasonal too. you can often go with being empty for a long time in the winter, but obviously you will still be paying all the bills. If you are running it yourself then ok, but take note of the above. If you want to employ somebody then you will have to take their wages into account too.

They want an awful lot now. Like everything, a bunch of people who know stuff all get together round a table and "think" they know whats best!! They dont!!

Also bear in mind fire protection, insurance etc All are MUSTS.

• Like 1

Hi

I have managed a boarding kennels and cattery for 24yrs. Its not easy and the rules and regs have changed incredibly over the years. Any new build will have to meet new specs. Not only that, people do not want the noise near by, you will have to go through the environmental health etc and they are the people that issue a lisence and tell you what they will and wont accept.

15 dogs wont make you much!! You need to be running at around 30 dogs per day for it to make a reasonable living, a second income would be different of course. You then need to be aware that the place cannot be left unattended. You will need somebody there 24/7. Boarding is very seasonal too. you can often go with being empty for a long time in the winter, but obviously you will still be paying all the bills. If you are running it yourself then ok, but take note of the above. If you want to employ somebody then you will have to take their wages into account too.

They want an awful lot now. Like everything, a bunch of people who know stuff all get together round a table and "think" they know whats best!! They dont!!

Also bear in mind fire protection, insurance etc All are MUSTS.

100% with the noise true, the 2 houses next me both got dogs , 3 in one and one in the other. now that only 4 dogs barking, these prats will go all day long :censored: , it been nice as we know this last 2 weeks with the weather , so been siting outside in the garden, but them dogs do your head in, so gods knows what 20-30 dogs barking all daylong like . :blink: . my 2 dogs never bark, maybe ive been lucky , or its good sensible ownership :yes:

• Like 1

Idiots will let their dogs barking all day and never attempt to shut them up.

I had a westie next door to me that would bark all day long.

After trying to talk to my neighbour and failing to get anywhere, I one day waited for her to go out, the lifted the fence panel and gave the dog a good clout and shouting at.

Every time I entered the garden after that, the dogs run straight through it's dog flap.

Idiots will let their dogs barking all day and never attempt to shut them up.

I had a westie next door to me that would bark all day long.

After trying to talk to my neighbour and failing to get anywhere, I one day waited for her to go out, the lifted the fence panel and gave the dog a good clout and shouting at.

Every time I entered the garden after that, the dogs run straight through it's dog flap.,

it done the trick then, :thumbs: lol, was in garden yesterday having a coffee i loosed my 2 out of there kennel/run and had them in the garden with me, they just lay down and never made a sound, even though them prats were going the game next door. some people should never have a dog, a dog supposed to be a (pleasure to you, and nuisance to no one ) :yes:

• Like 1

Same here ,woman 3 doors down just got out of an alcohol program ,she was in all holidays, dogs were mostly left in garden all day ,one a poodle x has a piercing bark, other side of me is a row of houses their back gardens end alongside my house,they had a spaniel ,now they have got another one,dogs seem to be out all the time,amount of time me an the missus thought it was ours unbelievable .