I guess you've worked out that I'm new to digging by now.

I've had some very generous offers from people on here for days out and other bits and pieces, but I'm after some advice;

-

So, based on the recent Boots thread - what's the best bits of kit you'd recommend?

I've got Seal Skin socks on order, I've bought the Renapur, I've got two shit dogs that will grow to be no good for nothing, got biothane(?) lead and couplers

What is your favourite kit and why?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The desire to get up at ungodly hours load up your terriers dig soil clay stone sand all day in ALL weather's get home wrecked tired see to your terriers before you see to yourself get in to bed and s

Jesus lads, lighten up, only a bit of fun, everyone getting a bit edgey, not long to go now, days getting slightly cooler, evening drawing back a bit, dogs the same after lying about all summer gettin

Permission slip ?

Its not a case of buy all the gear and youre all of a sudden a seasoned terrierman. Get out and about with your dogs, attend a few local shows and gradually everything will fall into place if youre seen as genuine and decent. I hope you do stick at it and enjoy the game for what it is but you cant rush the job.

I've seen that many lads buy all the gear and then sell it again a few month down the line that I've lost count. Feck me I know one lad that has done it about 4 times over. Buy all the gear, sell it when the next hobbie comes along and so on and so on.

• Like 4

Keep it to the bare minimum until you know whether you'll be doing this for 12 months or longer......

I don't mind shelling out for good bits

I'm not the type to do things by halves - I've invested serious serious time etc into other hobbies and I'm looking forward to doing it all again

Its not a case of buy all the gear and youre all of a sudden a seasoned terrierman. Get out and about with your dogs, attend a few local shows and gradually everything will fall into place if youre seen as genuine and decent. I hope you do stick at it and enjoy the game for what it is but you cant rush the job.

I've seen that many lads buy all the gear and then sell it again a few month down the line that I've lost count. Feck me I know one lad that has done it about 4 times over. Buy all the gear, sell it when the next hobbie comes along and so on and so on.

Next time you know of it happening then give me a shout!

But seriously, what bits of kit are a must for you guys?

Keep it to the bare minimum until you know whether you'll be doing this for 12 months or longer......

I'm not the type to do things by halves - I've invested serious serious time etc into other hobbies and I'm looking forward to doing it all again

Seriously mate, just get a jacket & boots & tag along with your mate who gave you the dog contact. You won't be needing a locator anytime soon by the looks of it........It ain't carp fishing or summat....

• Like 1

Grafter ' shovel (round mouth ) where you are a good fork good boots wet gear . Good locator collar . Flask and pack up box . It's like any trade you'll pick up bits on the way . The most important thing for you to do is try get out with others as much as you can in the 15 months that your waiting for the dogs to be ready to stay doing bits with .

They are pups! Just leave them see and enjoy the sights and sounds around them, take things step by step and introduce them gradually as they get older to the intended quarry you intend to pursue! Get a good pair of boots or wellies and some waterproofs as you will find this is not a fair weather game! This is play time for them so bide your time! ATB

They are pups! Just leave them see and enjoy the sights and sounds around them, take things step by step and introduce them gradually as they get older to the intended quarry you intend to pursue! Get a good pair of boots or wellies and some waterproofs as you will find this is not a fair weather game! This is play time for them so bide your time! ATB

Fair point bud - only really need most of the gear once I'm digging to mine

I don't wanna be a burden on anyone that's been kind enough to offer me a day out I guess

Basically what HPR said. You'll pick up stuff along the way.

When I first started going out I had cheap boots, a pair of cheap jeans and a North Face jacket. I had a £5 army shovel with a wooden shaft that I would strap onto my back and I'd spend everyday I could mooching all the local spots happy as a pig in shit.

• Like 4

If your not the type to do things by half, then why didn't you get pups from earthdogs?

Didn't know of any at the time, but now I do I guess... So we'll see what happens

Whoever has kindly offered you a day out fair play to them! They will definitely have all the gear all you will need is some grub and fuel money lol. Enjoy the experience!

don't forget the pints will be on your good self ;).you will need a firearms/sg to dispatch said quarry or have to rely on others.atb dc Edited by Daniel cain
  • Like 1