One of the most consistent uk pures running in the last 8 years has been Tony b,s Sonny good strong quick dog retired now due to age still kills the odd one Tony has a couple of young dogs off him at the moment be interesting to see how they perform this season.

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two imports one smooth one feathered( Iran/Iraq ) and one uk bitch. My youngest bitch a nice UK bitch was poisened a couple of months back. The Dog will run hare or deer in his COO. The two bitches w

Yes that right DB I mi d that day years ago down with pp I seen your uk bitch out Doris and also seen Doris n broken nose that day too lol decided too use Doris that day as she showed heart n I liked

But common sense would say if you going too cross one use a coursing dog too mix ?

Have had lurchers of variouse crosses most of my life. But, have always loved the pure saluki and that will be the next dog i get, pure saluki.

I have not had a running dog now for over a year, gave up the game, but will just have 1 saluki at some stage in the future and give it my all.

I had no choice to give up the running dogs when i did, due to some personel problems!

Hows your uk bitch bred db

Shes Cruise lines Sires side and Khan jihad lines Dams side, so then ts all the usuall UK suff back to G / Great grand parents. In fact her Dam is the same Dam as Arctics Snickers . shes worked but only when I wasnt to busy with my others., so see how she goes when shes fit.at the minute shes a guard dog got a bark as deep as a GSD lol

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

I'm running my pure saluki star this season, it's her first so I will take it steady with her. Other Salukis I've had certainly haven't had a problem on small land with fences, it all depends on how you bring them on. It is important however to make sure you get the right bloodlines, nervous pups should be avoided and do your homework, I know for a fact some Salukis in this country have greyhound blood and are being passed off as pure even though they have papers for them. I know Marcus Parrish had Mars a few years ago and she was supposed to be good and mine comes from a similar line.

She's the apple of my eye arcticgun, she follows me everywhere and sits on my knee and falls asleep when I'm watching telly, she's very keen and had a few rabbits at the end of last season. She is just turned 2 now so this will be her first learning season and then hopefully kick on seriously next year.

I'm running my pure saluki star this season, it's her first so I will take it steady with her. Other Salukis I've had certainly haven't had a problem on small land with fences, it all depends on how you bring them on. It is important however to make sure you get the right bloodlines, nervous pups should be avoided and do your homework, I know for a fact some Salukis in this country have greyhound blood and are being passed off as pure even though they have papers for them. I know Marcus Parrish had Mars a few years ago and she was supposed to be good and mine comes from a similar line.

I know for a fact some Salukis in this country have greyhound blood and are being passed off as pure even though they have papers. surley thats not true :whistling: quote from above post

A few would beg to differ max its a bit brash saying a greyhound would improve a saluki (Toung n cheek). good pure worth its wait imo. Luck willing there will be a gooď? Future infront of some the salukis over here as theres a fair share of good lads doing there bit with the pures

• Like 1

People do often speculate that mating a greyhound to a saluki you improve what you had(saluki). What if you were to look at other side of coin, does the saluki not av more to offer than the greyhound? Saluki av great feet un matched stamina brains even a better coat ect. Just a thought like. I personaly cant see the need to add anything to a good pure sal

Edited by cold pint
  • Like 4

People do often speculate that mating a greyhound to a saluki you improve what you had(saluki). What if you were to look at other side of coin, does the saluki not av more to offer than the greyhound? Saluki av great feet un matched stamina brains even a better coat ect. Just a thought like. I personaly cant see the need to add anything to a good pure sal

If you took a pure grey and a pure saluki and ran em both on all quarry I know which one I'd be be backing lol

• Like 3

Cold pint

Tounge in cheek

But maybe a good greyhound could ' would for most British terrain and quarry ?????

But common sense would say if you going too cross one use a coursing dog too mix ?

totally agree, I like pures my next pup will be another pure but if push came to shove a tiny bit of Sal lurcher wouldn't really matter.

To be fair they all have somethings too add too the mix including the greyhound blistering pace and strength bra boring old world if everyone bred the same way would it not

I prefer me pures but it be a long time yet until there's no Lurcher in my kennels too I do like a pure x coursing Lurcher ?

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1